This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Whilst he's energised the right I think he'll end up being recorded in history as the worst President in American history.
    We hope.

Comment

I've read loads of times over the last few years how past presidents can be held up as poor either due to a particular policy, the effects on economy, deaths or even being slave owners but I feel like in most instances there's a certain amount of weight that has to be given as to how much each President was a product of their time. Trump has no such excuse, he knows full well what he's doing and the scale of it is staggering - literally an enemy to his own countries principles.

The laugh is, all he had to do was ride the experience out, he achieved something that's technically incredible and yet he simply couldn't do it - he had to aggressively push agenda's that are in the end not even just at this point bad they're evil at times.

I think it comes to head when you think about the fact it's almost 2020 and you think to yourself, if Trump thought enough that he could bring back slavery etc would he? That's the measure of the man and why he's that much worse than what went before. Hell, at least Nixon was popular before Watergate.

Comment

The thing that bugs me most about him is that often, politicians have an agenda, but while that agenda can have negative outcomes, it usually is built around something ideologicially positive.

For example, a hypothetical Republican president in the US on the fringe of libertarianism might slash funding for education and healthcare, which impacts the lives of many people. However, they might be doing this because they believe in personal liberty to the point of wanting to reduce tax, and deregulate business, which in isolation are not necessarily bad things.

I would disagree with this hypothetical person's policies, but I could at least rationalise that this person sees that there is something good in their intentions. They believe something that they think is right, and they intend to pursue that. I wouldn't go along with their views but I could understand how they would arrive at them, given their ideology.

I don't know what Trump stands for. I don't know what he came into office to achieve. He has this mindless MAGA phrase which his supporters repeat, but that's part of the problem - whaty does that even mean?
        Last edited by Asura; 24-09-2019, 12:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          For example, a hypothetical Republican president in the US on the fringe of libertarianism might slash funding for education and healthcare, which impacts the lives of many people. However, they might be doing this because they believe in personal liberty to the point of wanting to reduce tax, and deregulate business, which in isolation are not necessarily bad things.

I would disagree with this hypothetical person's policies, but I could see that there is something good in their intentions. They believe something that they think is right, and they intend to pursue that. I would begrudgingly respect such a person.
          Ummm... maybe you just wrote this down quickly without considering the example but, really, you shouldn't respect this person. This hypothetical president failed to connect his beliefs to slashing education and healthcare in any way and you can be very sure he didn't slash military funding and any subsidies and tax breaks that go to his fossil fuel/military tech/etc. buddies. There is absolutely nothing good about the intentions in your example. Had you just led with wanting to reduce tax generally and applied it across the board, maybe. But you opened with slashing education and healthcare. No good person does this. Not one.

Comment

EDIT: Anyway, to try and be a bit clearer, I've made an edit to the post to explain what I mean.
            Last edited by Asura; 24-09-2019, 12:45.

Comment

Impeachment calls grow as it emerges Trump ordered $400m in aid to the Ukrain to be blocked back days before attempting to lean on the Ukranian President to investigate Biden

Comment

Better get it done soon then and it better succeed too. Trump now has a higher approval rating at this point in his Presidency than Obama

FiveThirtyEight is tracking Donald Trump’s approval ratings throughout his presidency.

His overall Disapproval is higher and so Net approval is still lower, but lately Trump has been making gains again. Stop watching reality TV kids.

Comment

Speaker condemns Trump’s ‘betrayal’ and confirms House of Representatives to begin impeachment inquiry over Ukraine scandal – follow live

The US Senate has unanimously voted in favour of calling on the Trump Administration to release the full Whistleblower Complaint to intelligence committees.

And...

Confirmed - The Impeachment Inquiry is now confirmed and officially underway

Comment

Boris and Trump... 24 September 2019

Comment

Republicans voting against Trump? Wow, this whistleblower thing must be big. Or...he pissed everyone off and they want him out, even if that will put a democrat in the white house next term.

Comment

Have we had "Life's impeachy" yet? [MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION]

Comment

Closest would have been 'Everything's Looking Impeachy'

Comment

US president asked Volodymyr Zelenskiy for ‘a favor’ and to ‘look into’ Joe Biden as Pelosi launches impeachment inquiry against Trump

Trump is meet with the Ukranian President in the next 24hrs.

Comment

Trump says Dems will have to apologise after reading the Transcript of his call with the Ukranian President. The White House has now released it and... it directly evidences that Trump did what he's accused and also incriminates A.G Barr - the overseer of the Mueller Investigation - also.

I mean... come on!... it's just... it's like having Frost/Nixon but in the first opening line of the interview it goes:

Frost: "Thank you for agreeing to this intervi..."
                              Nixon: "Hey Frost, wanna hear a cool story about what I got up to?"

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                Trump is meet with the Ukranian President in the next 24hrs.
                                I read that with a Russian accent.

I like how you've given up on puns he's that dense.

Comment

Working...
                                X