This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Gotta love finally having someone Trump's up against be so plain speaking after the last 4 years:

He speaks with the same cadence as Sprinsteen.

Comment

French cases near 10,000 in a day; single biggest rise in Greece; Portugal limits gatherings to 10 people; Mexico signs agreement for Sputnik V vaccine

Global deaths have passed 900,000

Comment

A sign of the chaos to come?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          I can actually see him doing this.

Comment

Trump is a little yapping dog who believes he has more power than he actually does.

There aren't going to any leftwing protests if Biden wins, there are going to be leftwing street parties.
            Last edited by MartyG; 13-09-2020, 09:22.

Comment

I truly hope Republicans will wake up and put a stop to this lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                I can actually see him doing this.
                I can totally see it. And it scares me, honestly, because I have no idea what would happen. Will the military listen, if ordered to go to war with US's own democratic process - which, in effect, is essentially asking the military to go to war with the concept of civilian rule. Is that legal?

Comment

Billionaire’s cash infusion aimed at boosting early voting, as adviser tells Post money will free Democrats to spend elsewhere

Bloomberg is to spend $100m solely on aiding Biden to win Florida

Comment

Luckily conscription is against the law in Canada, so if it kicks off down south, I should be okay.

Like you said Asura, it really all hinges on the military accepting the order or not.

Comment

Have to assume if he tried it that it wouldn't last long. He needs way too much to sustain it and it wouldn't give him an endless out. His biggest issue would be that whilst the Republicans have been all too eager to sell their souls to him over the last few years most of them are career politicians with ambitions who will intend to long outlast him, something that is over if they fall too extremely in his wake.

Likewise the mentality is very 'oo-ra 'murica' for his followers and whilst a chunk would march on regardless I'd imagine that him finally entirely destroying the constitution for his own short term neck would make the support to shakey to maintain the level of control he'd need. Within a very short amount of time, like weeks at best, he'd have to move toward a full on dictatorial take over of the US to secure his control and I think that's well beyond him whether he'd try it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        I can totally see it. And it scares me, honestly, because I have no idea what would happen. Will the military listen, if ordered to go to war with US's own democratic process - which, in effect, is essentially asking the military to go to war with the concept of civilian rule. Is that legal?
                        Will the military listen to a commander-in-chief who's about to be kicked out of the White House ordering them to attack their own citizens celebrating the dimise of a terrible PoTUS?

I'm going with no.

Comment

Another Trump accuser though sadly we've already learnt these stories make no dent in his popularity

Comment

TikTok to be banned from US app stores from Sunday
                            "Trump executive orders also require removal of social media app WeChat from Apple and Google’s app stores in US

Wilbur Ross, the US commerce secretary, said: “We have taken significant action to combat China’s malicious collection of American citizens’ personal data, while promoting our national values, democratic rules-based norms, and aggressive enforcement of US laws and regulations.”"

Comment

Only US companies are allowed spy on people's devices and collect and sell far more data than they should.

Comment

Right, because 30 second videos of dancing cats on tween's phones exposes the nuclear bunker codes.

I guess he felt safe doing that because they're not of voting age.

Comment

Working...
                                X