Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently he won't be restricted to residence when back at the White House so from a public POV he will be returning to work as a Super Spreader. Whilst Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany has tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Apparently he won't be restricted to residence when back at the White House so from a public POV he will be returning to work as a Super Spreader. Whilst Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany has tested positive.
      This is the thing isn't - either he hasn't had it and everything is a lie, or he still has it and almost everything is a lie and he's back to spread it some more.

Either way, the message that Covid-19 is nothing to worry about is the absolutely opposite of what should have been learned from this.

Edit - I'm still tempted to go with PR stunt ...

Last edited by MartyG; 05-10-2020, 21:49.

Comment

What a tool

Comment

May our combined gods give cosmic antibiotics to our great POTUS in his hour of need!!!!

(he won't need it, he'll be straight on the blower ordering a medium dub quarter pounder meal with full shug Coke).

Comment

There is nothing more disturbing than not reading this thread for 48hrs and returning to catch up on current affairs... WTF.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              "There are good people on both sides."
              Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              He called neo-Nazis "very fine people".
              Actually, he didn't say this. He makes it explicitly clear he's not talking about them if you look up the full quote.

Originally posted by President Blowhard
              It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too.
              Originally posted by QualityChimp
              Are you willing to condemn White Supremacist and militia groups: “Sure, I’m willing to do that...Proud Boys, stand back and stand by, but I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what. Somebody's got to do something about AntiFa and the Left, because this is not a Right-Wing problem”
              I don't think that response is indicative of anything more than his tendency to complain about what he views as media double standards and see himself as a victim, plus the obvious difficultly he has in following a sentence through to its conclusion without rambling tangents.

It's a botched response, obviously. If he had any brains he'd give the people asking the questions the reassurance they wanted to hear. Although, even that probably wouldn't do much good. If he says "I condemn white supremacists", the next question is going to be "Are you sure?"
              Last edited by Lyris; 06-10-2020, 06:09.

Comment

That’s not the quote I was referring to, [MENTION=75]Lyris[/MENTION]. It was “You had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group, excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park, from Robert E. Lee to another name.” And he was talking about Neo Nazis.

And even if you could wipe away or explain away the quote, which can’t really be done, you could replace it with any number of things and all the other actions we mentioned still paint a very clear picture. With all those actions intact, not sure why you’d quibble the quote as if that changes things.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                  . If he says "I condemn white supremacists", the next question is going to be "Are you sure?"
                  He didn't condem them because he wants them to join his polling watch army and vote for him again.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 06-10-2020, 07:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                    It's a botched response, obviously. If he had any brains he'd give the people asking the questions the reassurance they wanted to hear. Although, even that probably wouldn't do much good. If he says "I condemn white supremacists", the next question is going to be "Are you sure?"
                    Yeah, great point. That's a totally acceptable reason why he won't straight out condemn white supremacists every time he's asked.

Comment

Comment

multiple photos in single frame online free

I didn't want to feel left out - 10 points if you know the film.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 06-10-2020, 17:18.

Comment

Scanners??

Comment

Yes, Scanners heh
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Because he's walking scum and because he thinks that every move he makes - even ones that directly destroy the lives of his own voters - is genius campaign strategy, Trump has now ordered Republican negotiators to abandon talks for a second stimulus package until after the 03 November election in an attempt to blackmail voters to support him. Democrats and critics have immediately attacked him for not only being selfish but also stupid enough to make a move that helps kill economic recovery and also shifts all blame onto himself thereby making it one of his dumbest moves to date.

Comment

Embarrassing climb down attempt this morning:

Comment

Working...
                                X