Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this seems to be happening on Friday and yet things have been weirdly quiet. Did everyone on the planet just get bored of the whole thing? Kind of feels like it. Do we even know how things are going to work?

I guess to ask the really important question - if I'm ordering a load of stuff from Games Workshop in the UK, do I need to do it before Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      I guess to ask the really important question - if I'm ordering a load of stuff from Games Workshop in the UK, do I need to do it before Friday?
      I would.

Comment

Will I be allowed on the forum after Friday?!

Comment

Yeah, of course you will! (you won't)

Comment

(raises pitch fork)

Get outta here you throbbing backstopper!

Comment

So this seems to be happening on Friday and yet things have been weirdly quiet. Did everyone on the planet just get bored of the whole thing? Kind of feels like it. Do we even know how things are going to work?

Quiet? There's been a huge debate and a signing of the agreement in the EU Parliament today: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...awei-live-news

As for how things are going to work, the UK is going to try and wing it and panic at the last minute on the actual deadline at the end of the year.

Comment

It pretty much feels like the second the Tories won the General Election and got enough MPs to secure Brexit and engineer a late 2020 No Deal that the media and publics interest in Brexit shrivelled up into a tiny fart and blew away with the wind. Despite one last push on Friday by the media I think it'll happen as a surprisingly muted non-event for most after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  the media and publics interest in Brexit shrivelled up into a tiny fart and blew away with the wind.
                  That's it exactly. Regardless of what has been going on in parliament, EU or otherwise, the noise about it compared with last year has been non-existent.

Comment

I wonder how many of the Leave Voters realize that, come the 1st Feb when all the newspapers are ringing the bells and the House of Commons are sucking each other off, we are still paying in to the EU and still bound by their laws.

Comment

A lot of people are going to be fed up later this year when Phase 2 starts winding up and it all kicks off again following the whole 'got Brexit done' nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        I wonder how many of the Leave Voters realize that, come the 1st Feb when all the newspapers are ringing the bells and the House of Commons are sucking each other off, we are still paying in to the EU and still bound by their laws.
                        Even at the end of 2020 the UK will still essential be bound by many EU laws, at least if you want to sell stuff to them - just because UK manufacturing and food standards can lower in quality, the EU's won't be, so any products exported to the EU will still have to meet those standards, ergo, will be bound by those laws.

Comment

Is that not where your chlorinated chicken come in?

Why buy this more expensive meat, when we can buy these cheaper ones?

It's not the chlorine that's the problem, it's because chlorinated chicken normally comes from dirty, crowded abattoirs with poor hygiene standards that blast the chickens with chlorine to compensate for the higher risk of it having salmonella etc.

It's nuts to think that in America they did tests and found a significant amount of the bacteria campylobacter (the most common cause of food poisoning) in 30% of chicken carcasses, 26% of chicken parts and 58% of "mechanically separated" chicken, which is used to make things like chicken nuggets.

I need to buy shares in Immodium...

Comment

No Chlorinated chicken anyway as any US/UK trade deal would need the Democrat controlled House to ok it which is currently not that hot a prospect

Comment

Not too much to add at this point other than I feel like we're witnessing the decline and fall of the UK in real time, with chancers and delusional mad men taking over, screaming about how amazing everything is while everything around us crumbles.

A bit melodramatic I know, but that's genuinely how I feel about the country right now.

Comment

It feels like this:

Comment

Working...
                                X