This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    What are the legal consequences for Johnson? any?
    He is currently in New York, where he was born, and he has to stay there whilst criminal proceedings are held against him.
    "Send him back!"

Comment

Career consequences? None
      Legal consequences? None

Because the law disappears up it's own backside the second the top brass are involved

Listening to hard Brexiters on R2 is painful - a lot of 'the Supreme Court are mugs! It's disgusting that they are overturning our democracy!'
      Could they understand the situation any less at this point?

Comment

Comment

Johnson took an extra long time to respond to the Supreme Court ruling, his response? It'll be harder to get that impossible Unicorn Deal now

i.e Political waffle that actually means he's speechless. He's been caught pants down with Cameron's pig mid-act and the only person truly rejoicing at this point will be Theresa May

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Listening to hard Brexiters on R2 is painful - a lot of 'the Supreme Court are mugs! It's disgusting that they are overturning our democracy!'
            Could they understand the situation any less at this point?
            I'm surprised that the courts wanted to get involved in a political decision - this will have unforseen consequences in the future when decisions made by governments have the potential to become overturned by the high courts.

It's also going to galvantize the hard right. This is perhaps not a bad thing, as I think we'll now see a surge back to the Brexit party, it just depends on how big that surge is. If it goes back to levels when May was at her least popular, that will not be a good thing, it needs to split the Brexit vote between the Tories and Brexit party, not completely swing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              Listening to hard Brexiters on R2 is painful - a lot of 'the Supreme Court are mugs! It's disgusting that they are overturning our democracy!' Could they understand the situation any less at this point?
              It's hilarious. He can do no wrong for these muppets. I was expecting a few at least to get upset that he and that worm Rees-Mogg had lied to Her Britannic Majesty.

Comment

That miserable benefits sponge of a woman totally knew everything, it's the one count I could believe he was innocent of

Comment

I think it's shown gaping holes in our parliamentary system. The house or Lords and the Queen need to have more say. Ultimately its her country and she should have told him to ram it.

Comment

There was a whole furore about that in a way on the radio the other day where the presenter was a royalist and yet livid that the Queen had agreed to help Cameron in the Scottish Referendum. The fact is she constantly meddles with political practices by the government and as one of the key benefactors of the privileged system she's blatantly going to be a hardline Tory so useless with things like this. If she got more in charge we'd probably be without a royal family before long though.

The Royal Family is utterly immoral as a concept, the less of them the better. It's only Parliaments powers robbing her of hers these days that stops them being torn down for what they'd actually be - a dictatorship.

Comment

This is another one of those areas where I have to admit to a level of ignorance. I don't know how the role of the Queen works. I was under the impression that, being a figurehead, she wasn't really allowed to say no to a prime minister or government. Am I wrong? Can she essentially pull rank?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        This is another one of those areas where I have to admit to a level of ignorance. I don't know how the role of the Queen works. I was under the impression that, being a figurehead, she wasn't really allowed to say no to a prime minister or government. Am I wrong? Can she essentially pull rank?
                        She has no actual power in practice, but she does wield tremendous influence among the aristocratic and political circles.

Comment

But officially, if things go too far could she step in? Or could she have even said no to Johnson?

Comment

That was part of the 'surprise' of her getting involved in the Scottish Referendum. The PM meets with her every week but for some reason fans have long been under the bizarre notion that she just sits there like a novelty bobblehead - the shock that she actually has an opinion or gets involved

Comment

Didn't the last monarch that tried get hung or something?

Comment

Charles 2nd. He was convicted of treason

Comment

Working...
                                X