X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I'm with Asura.
    Just a bunch of young lads having some fun, not hurting anyone, making money for the cinemas, going to see a film that's been on hold for 3 years, on a franchise that they probably grew up with.

Jeez, chillax, grampa Ignition!
    Cinemas are now turning away large groups in suits, it's a kids film so imagine that being your kids first trip to the cinema a large group of men chearing and shouting throught the film recording ticktocks and generally being obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      Cinemas are now turning away large groups in suits, it's a kids film so imagine that being your kids first trip to the cinema a large group of men chearing and shouting throught the film recording ticktocks and generally being obnoxious.
      This. Harmless stupid fun I'm all for but chucking stuff about and shouting not so much.

Comment

Wouldn't be so bad it it was for one of the most mediocre entries in the franchise too

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          This. Harmless stupid fun I'm all for but chucking stuff about and shouting not so much.
          Yeah, I agree with this bit, though.

Comment

I saw a bunch of them in Meadowhall the other day before I knew what it was, they were in suits on a Sunday and half of them were eating bananas. They were a bit giddy but didn't strike me as being that rowdy, but obviously it only takes one person being a moron to completely ruin a cinema visit. If they were showing off for their stupid videos I can imagine it being annoying.

Why is TikTok even a thing, anyway? I thought we killed off the short video format with Vine, along with all the Vine "stars".

Comment

It's like each wave of teenagers feels they're spearheading a new social media wave when in reality it's just another brand of Youtube. TikTok needs to go if for the awful aspect ratio it promotes if nothing else, there'll be another video platform along in 5 minutes

Comment

Strong "old man yells at cloud" energy in here

Comment

Or.... Pearls of Wisdom

The line up of social media 'crazes' reads like an EA Studio Buyout Obituary at this point
                  I'm sticking to my guns!

Comment

I can't tell you how much it upsets me that Instagram and TikTok are all portrait, not landscape.

You get these news items with footage taken by cameras and nobody turns it sideways, so there's always big bars down the side.

I'm pretty sure within 5 years, movie screens will be portrait and each film will be no longer than 20 seconds long.

Comment

It's the same with simple photo's, my missus is always taking snaps of the kids and it's taken a long time to get it to sink in that as soon as you want to use the photo outside of the context of your phone screen then portrait is a disaster. It's still hit and miss but we finally have more images in landscape but it's still frustrating, same when a TikTok vid is uploaded to Youtube and 3/4's of the screen is smudged blur

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        It's the same with simple photo's, my missus is always taking snaps of the kids and it's taken a long time to get it to sink in that as soon as you want to use the photo outside of the context of your phone screen then portrait is a disaster. It's still hit and miss but we finally have more images in landscape but it's still frustrating, same when a TikTok vid is uploaded to Youtube and 3/4's of the screen is smudged blur
                        Admittedly though TikTok's videos are never intended to be used anywhere else. Their sole lifetime purpose is to be on TikTok.

Comment

All the more reason to end this scurge!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I can't tell you how much it upsets me that Instagram and TikTok are all portrait, not landscape.

You get these news items with footage taken by cameras and nobody turns it sideways, so there's always big bars down the side.

I'm pretty sure within 5 years, movie screens will be portrait and each film will be no longer than 20 seconds long.

Those... EYEBROWS

Comment

In regards of the minions thing...

Unfortunately like a lot of these things, it's the bad eggs that ruin fandoms. The only bad things I've heard about the gentleman minion meme thing is one group threw bananas around and tore a screen and others clapped a lot in the film (to the sight of Gru or something else? I don't know).

Personally I think it's daft fun and if everyone behaves, what's wrong with it? Same as all those who dressed as jedi and such when the star wars movies came out. I remember seeing the 2nd showing of Episode 3 at the cinema day of release (@Asura was at the first 20 mins ahead of me or something at the same cinema I recall). Many people dressed as jedi. In the screen people lit up their plastic lightsabers until someone lit there super expensive one to which there were cries of "***k off" in gest and got popcorn thrown at them from many viewers. All in good fun.
                              Last edited by Blobcat; 06-07-2022, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Admittedly though TikTok's videos are never intended to be used anywhere else. Their sole lifetime purpose is to be on TikTok.
                                Where ticktock differs from vine is in that its not all comedy stuff that gets all the clicks, Weird fads like the minion thing or Binley mega chippy arent really funny but just some weird fad that everyone seems to jump on, ive personaly not seen much of that stuff my ticktock is full of Foragers talking about wild food, outdoor cooking shows, and Metal detectors showing off their finds, all you have to do is watch a few people and before you know it your now part of mushroom tock and your getting fed endless videos about how to find and cook mushrooms while metal detecting.

Comment

Working...
                                X