This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    I give in. How do you ask the morons at Amazon about settling a dispute?

I ordered something on 8th December. Expected delivery 13-16th.

22nd December I sent the seller a message. Ignored.
    28th December another message. Ignored.

I can’t for the life of me find where to get Amazon involved on their dire website.
    Make sure you don't leave it too long as after a certain length of time you will no longer be allowed to claim a refund. Try contacting customer services direct hopefully this link takes you to the right page. Amazon love to hide the info in the maze on their site. Just go into your order and grab the order number and send it to customer services, usually amazon customer support is really good one of the reasons i use amazon for most things.

Comment

I can’t for the life of me find where to get Amazon involved on their dire website.
      I usually call them directly.

Comment

As the gentleman above me states just call them. I've never had an issue on the phone and they are usually very prompt at sorting it. Love the smell of capitalism in the morning
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

**** Bezos!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            **** Bezos!
            It's sad that they provide such a fantastic retail experience yet treat their staff so crap. Wonder if Amazon japan is just as bad as the west for that? Truth is i rarely do real world shopping for anything it's such a chore, even for hobby stuff there is literally one and only one hobbycaft in Leeds requiring a massive bus trip and long walk to get to. When i get there it's a risk they wont have what i need and if they do it will be way more expensive. Or i can go on Amazon a couple of clicks and have it arrive to my door reasonably fast.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              It's sad that they provide such a fantastic retail experience yet treat their staff so crap. Wonder if Amazon japan is just as bad as the west for that? Truth is i rarely do real world shopping for anything it's such a chore, even for hobby stuff there is literally one and only one hobbycaft in Leeds requiring a massive bus trip and long walk to get to. When i get there it's a risk they wont have what i need and if they do it will be way more expensive. Or i can go on Amazon a couple of clicks and have it arrive to my door reasonably fast.
              They also treat sellers like absolute garbage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                They also treat sellers like absolute garbage as well.
                Yeah and I'm not even convinced by the fantastic retail experience thing because it's full of dodgy sellers selling knockoffs. And it's all kinds of crazy that the largest retailer on the planet gets away with that while paying no taxes in the process. Of course things are more expensive from an actual shop on the street paying high rent, paying their staff and not treating them like dirt and while actually paying their taxes. That's what it is supposed to cost.

Comment

It's like ebay in that respect when it comes to the marketplace yeah there are a lot of fakes floating around you have to be equally careful on what you buy from the marketplace. Not paying taxes is a flaw of society the rich just get to do what they like not just Amazon a lot of companies take the piss, laws are just a suggestion to them i doubt anthing will ever change on that front the UK is corrupt to it's core. Amazon are not even remotely perfect but they have provided me a better buying experience compared to going into town and trying to find what i need just search for what i want and click. Hell even bookshops are thin on the ground we have waterstones & thats pretty much it, my time is valuable i'm no longer prepared to go hunt in the realworld for what i need. Retail is dying because the experience is crap quite frankly.

If i have had any problems i have always had amazon sort it out, especially with the marketplace sellers trying to take the piss.
                  Last edited by importaku; 09-02-2020, 12:15.

Comment

I guess my point is that when you say they provide you with a better experience but it's sad they treat their staff like crap, what isn't quite coming across in that is that they are providing you with your better experience in part because they treat their staff like crap. It's like saying it's a shame to have slavery but I love getting my pyramids built for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Yeah and I'm not even convinced by the fantastic retail experience thing because it's full of dodgy sellers selling knockoffs. And it's all kinds of crazy that the largest retailer on the planet gets away with that while paying no taxes in the process. Of course things are more expensive from an actual shop on the street paying high rent, paying their staff and not treating them like dirt and while actually paying their taxes. That's what it is supposed to cost.
                      Yeah, the thing is though, Amazon actually isn’t cheap anyway. For stuff I buy - books, video games, Blu-Rays - other retailers, even bricks and mortar ones, are often cheaper.

The main thing Amazon offers at this point is convenience. I hardly know anyone who doesn’t have Prime, and a lot of people I know simply buy absolutely everything from it. The prices aren’t anything special though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        I guess my point is that when you say they provide you with a better experience but it's sad they treat their staff like crap, what isn't quite coming across in that is that they are providing you with your better experience in part because they treat their staff like crap. It's like saying it's a shame to have slavery but I love getting my pyramids built for free.
                        Yeah it's a fair point, by using Amazon i'm also part of the problem. If real world retail was able to give me exactly what i needed without the huge hassle then i'd be way more inclined to use them more over Amazon however in Leeds city centre it's crap for shops for the stuff i like it's been totally gentrified with wanky hipster fashion shops and all the hobby stores and other nerd places have been closed or what do remain relocated to the outskirts of town or in the middle of nowhere. For books alone we had 5 or 6 places to goto now there's just one, if waterstones don't have what you want you are **** out of luck. Even getting into town & back is £5 in bus fare, money wasted if i can't find what i need.

Online has less hassle, even gaming is a hassle you have game or crime exchange across the road in leeds and thats pretty much it.

Comment

Yeah it's a fair point, by using Amazon i'm also part of the problem. If real world retail was able to give me exactly what i needed without the huge hassle then i'd be way more inclined to use them more over Amazon however in Leeds city centre it's crap for shops for the stuff i like it's been totally gentrified with wanky hipster fashion shops and all the hobby stores and other nerd places have been closed or what do remain relocated to the outskirts of town or in the middle of nowhere. For books alone we had 5 or 6 places to goto now there's just one, if waterstones don't have what you want you are **** out of luck. Even getting into town & back is £5 in bus fare, money wasted if i can't find what i need.

Online has less hassle, even gaming is a hassle you have game or crime exchange across the road in leeds and thats pretty much it.
                          It’s totally a fair point. It is way easier to buy stuff online, especially if it’s even remotely obscure.

As pathetically insignificant as I am as one person versus Bezos’ 150bn dollars, I do try and avoid Amazon just because I kinda hate them. For books online I use Wordery or Waterstones, for games The Game Collection, Shopto or myriad others (usually much cheaper than Amazon too), and for Blus Zoom. Zavvi, or direct from Arrow etc.

All of my real life friends think I’m weird for not having Prime and using that for everything

Comment

Cheers lads. I’ve requested a refund.

Comment

however in Leeds city centre it's crap for shops for the stuff i like it's been totally gentrified with wanky hipster fashion shops and all the hobby stores and other nerd places have been closed or what do remain relocated to the outskirts of town or in the middle of nowhere. For books alone we had 5 or 6 places to goto now there's just one, if waterstones don't have what you want you are **** out of luck. Even getting into town & back is £5 in bus fare, money wasted if i can't find what i need.
                              Got to agree with this, Leeds is a right load of gentrified pap nowadays. When I go there I'm always surprised the market is still there and hasn't been converted into some kind of fashion boutique that also sells coffees (though every time I go it feels a bit closer to death). I can pretty much "do" Leeds in about 15 minutes nowadays - curry van on the market, that pawn shop that sells old games (mostly just to look, there's no bargains there), Chinese supermarket, Thai supermarket, poke my head in the absolutely awful CeX and then get the hell out.

Comment

Nodded politely to a random guy outside my flat while locking my front door, he says ‘Hi, I’m your neighbour. Do you have WiFi? Can I have the code?”

When I laughed and said no, he wanted to know why not!

I just told him it would be insecure and I wouldn’t be giving it out.

The cheek of some people, honestly. I can’t imagine asking a stranger for the WiFi password.

Comment

Working...
                                X