This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Twitter has similarly gotten way worse since they introduced the "top tweets" feature. It should've stayed chronological, no algorithm.
    Yep. And twitter is really hammering reach now too, probably to go a similar route to push people to pay to promote tweets.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Instagram.

It's such a weird site, where it feels like the whole purpose is to make you feel like everyone else is living a better life.
      However, it seems to be totally populated by bots, recirculating other photos.

I'm currently posting all my pics of the Florida theme parks, not because I want people to be jealous of my holiday, but because I like seeing pics of roller coasters and stuff, so figured others would too.
      I'm hashtagging the pics to make them easier for people to find, but each and every one gets at least one bot saying "DM pic".

Then I'm getting tagged saying I can buy a certain amount of followers, but what's the point in that?
      What's the difference between 0 human followers and 500 robot followers?
      It's just this self-promoting circle that needs you to constantly provide content or you'll lose followers.

As it is, I think I've gained 1 human follower, but I really like their pics of coasters too, so happy just keeping things as human as possible.

So yeah, it's this weird narcissistic site of recycled content!
      This rollercoaster-esque rant sounds like one massive pitch to get us all to follow you.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        This rollercoaster-esque rant sounds like one massive pitch to get us all to follow you.
        Don't be ridiculous, but don't forget to like and smash that subscribe button on your way out.

Comment

Facebook and Instagram are sadly two essential tools for my business, I wish I could operate without social media but unfortunately it’s the best way to reach my customer base. Facebook is the biggest wind up, with each post it’ll tell you if you are reaching so many % above your average or below, and it’s often below which makes you feel ****ty about the work you’re putting in to posting. Of course it’s all a ruse to get you to cough up for paid promotion, which in my experience brings next to zero added benefit. At least with Instagram I was able to switch to a non business account so that I’m not bombarded with stats, but I agree about all the complaints above.

Comment

You wanna do some more manual labour, mate. Be less of a speccy computer stats nerd.

Comment

Thirty years as a tradesman was plenty thanks, carrying kegs and cases of beer about is plenty of exercise now.

Comment

Are you going to brew a whuppin great Impy stout for the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  The Westcotes region of Leicester. It’s a total ****ing toilet. It makes the very worst parts of Burnley seem like Beverly Hills. At least we found some utterly amazing vegetarian food where we felt like we wouldn’t get shot and then stabbed.
                  That’s all of Leicester mate. Why on Earth would you come here?

Comment

I would unfortunately go as far as to say most of the UK is a ****ing dump. Some areas of towns and city's might be better than others, but as an overall percentage I'd say everywhere is overwhelmingly a dump. Lack of government spending and rising poverty is only making it worse.

Comment

Are you going to brew a whuppin great Impy stout for the winter?
                      I have a 16% stout in right now. Ideal for your purposes, slow release, bring you down gradually.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        I have a 16% stout in right now. Ideal for your purposes, slow release, bring you down gradually.
                        Sounds ideal!

Comment

16%!

That would clean the muck off even faster than a pressure washer!

Comment

Scorching hot piss cannon the next day. To sear the coal-like skids off the pan.

Comment

I'm not liking that post, you degenerate!

Comment

Scorching hot piss cannon the next day. To sear the coal-like skids off the pan.
                                You need to make a piss cleaning game. It would be to Powerwash Simulator what Battle Raper is to Tekken.

Comment

Working...
                                X