Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LCD screen of my 3D printer failed. Half of it is completely dead and the other half has a weird refresh resulting in half-hardened resin.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      You need to make a piss cleaning game. It would be to Powerwash Simulator what Battle Raper is to Tekken.
      Good call. You can use different cleaning fuels (booze) and different nozzles (cockrings). Levels include cleaning a massive urinal and hosing out an ant nest. As you drink more fluids, your image blurs and rocks around. Points are deducted for splashing your own shoes.

Comment

Probably mentioned it before, but kids’ medicine.

My kid is autistic. He’s got huge speech and language difficulties. He’s an incredibly fussy eater and his diet is appalling because he refuses to try anything. He’s currently got a throat/ear infection (we think - he refused to be examined). The doctor prescribed some stuff that would clear it up.

Grand. Except he won’t take it. He doesn’t understand. He just thinks you’re force feeding him and refuses to accept it, never mind swallow it. There’s screaming for hours and it’s just traumatic and counterproductive for him. So, I try and sneak it into his food. At the moment he’s refusing to eat because (again, presumably) he has the sore throat. He’s drinking this high-nutrition soya milk, though. I tried to sneak the 5ml of the medicine into there. It’s absolutely bloody rank. Absolute dogcack of a taste. A really medicinally toxic-tasting marzipan. I’ve tried 1ml which is hardly worth bothering with and even then, it still overpowers the milk.

Which pissing kernt-brained moron designs this crap? SURELY there’s a way to design something for kids that doesn’t taste of bleach-infused almond? It’s like the pharmaceutical companies held a ‘who can produce the most vile, excrement-tasting medicine for toddlers’ competition, and we’ve been swilling the proceeds ever since. Halfwits.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Facebook and Instagram are sadly two essential tools for my business, I wish I could operate without social media but unfortunately it’s the best way to reach my customer base. Facebook is the biggest wind up, with each post it’ll tell you if you are reaching so many % above your average or below, and it’s often below which makes you feel ****ty about the work you’re putting in to posting. Of course it’s all a ruse to get you to cough up for paid promotion, which in my experience brings next to zero added benefit. At least with Instagram I was able to switch to a non business account so that I’m not bombarded with stats, but I agree about all the complaints above.
          Never pay for Facebook adds, total load of crap and a waste of money. Get what you can out of it for free if you really need to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            Good call. You can use different cleaning fuels (booze) and different nozzles (cockrings). Levels include cleaning a massive urinal and hosing out an ant nest. As you drink more fluids, your image blurs and rocks around. Points are deducted for splashing your own shoes.
            Asparagus for the really stubborn stains. Also a mini game where you try and piss over a wall.

Oh, and we can’t forget the micropenis transactions. All the cool games have them these days.

Comment

Maybe also a steel wool-style loofah fashioned out of a fistful of pubes?

Comment

[MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION]: +1 like, to let you know I have a lot of empathy for you and I wanted to acknowledge your struggles.

My kids aren't autistic but they are stubborn (wonder where they get that from!) and it can be so stressful when you're trying to help them. Keep at it, my man, you're doing great.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                  Probably mentioned it before, but kids’ medicine.

My kid is autistic. He’s got huge speech and language difficulties. He’s an incredibly fussy eater and his diet is appalling because he refuses to try anything. He’s currently got a throat/ear infection (we think - he refused to be examined). The doctor prescribed some stuff that would clear it up.

Grand. Except he won’t take it. He doesn’t understand. He just thinks you’re force feeding him and refuses to accept it, never mind swallow it. There’s screaming for hours and it’s just traumatic and counterproductive for him. So, I try and sneak it into his food. At the moment he’s refusing to eat because (again, presumably) he has the sore throat. He’s drinking this high-nutrition soya milk, though. I tried to sneak the 5ml of the medicine into there. It’s absolutely bloody rank. Absolute dogcack of a taste. A really medicinally toxic-tasting marzipan. I’ve tried 1ml which is hardly worth bothering with and even then, it still overpowers the milk.

Which pissing kernt-brained moron designs this crap? SURELY there’s a way to design something for kids that doesn’t taste of bleach-infused almond? It’s like the pharmaceutical companies held a ‘who can produce the most vile, excrement-tasting medicine for toddlers’ competition, and we’ve been swilling the proceeds ever since. Halfwits.
                  This sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                    @prinnysquad: +1 like, to let you know I have a lot of empathy for you and I wanted to acknowledge your struggles.

My kids aren't autistic but they are stubborn (wonder where they get that from!) and it can be so stressful when you're trying to help them. Keep at it, my man, you're doing great.
                    Cheers. Yesterday was the first time I really questioned my ability to parent. I can see the meltdowns are only going to get worse and worse. I’m wiped out from several nights of having to try and settle him every half an hour. The constant screaming and repetition of phrases is driving me nuts. My tolerance for this crap has risen tenfold in the last three and a half years, but I’m really tested at the moment, and it feels like everything is working against me (like the medicine crap!). I had a moment last night where I thought, I can’t do this. I don’t know how to respond to the outbursts. He’s also become really attached and it’s a nightmare if both parents aren’t around him. Which is a huge issue when we aren’t an item anymore!

Comment

Oh, that's tough man. I guess the stress contibuted to your break-up, which is really hard because I feel that two involved parents who can tag-team when one has got to the end of their tether, is really desirable. Probably doubly so, when your wee guy has an illness on top of his autism, too.

Is there a young-ish (or young-at-heart) grandparent/in-law/sister that could be there during the day, to give you a chance to get 40 winks? You could really do with a hand, if only someone to load, run, unload the dishwasher/washing machine or make beans on toast or a cup of tea.
                      Don't beat yourself up mate, these are not shortcomings; what you are doing is hard and you're doing it on your own (at the time you're with him) and without a lot of sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                        Oh, that's tough man. I guess the stress contibuted to your break-up, which is really hard because I feel that two involved parents who can tag-team when one has got to the end of their tether, is really desirable. Probably doubly so, when your wee guy has an illness on top of his autism, too.

Is there a young-ish (or young-at-heart) grandparent/in-law/sister that could be there during the day, to give you a chance to get 40 winks? You could really do with a hand, if only someone to load, run, unload the dishwasher/washing machine or make beans on toast or a cup of tea.
                        Don't beat yourself up mate, these are not shortcomings; what you are doing is hard and you're doing it on your own (at the time you're with him) and without a lot of sleep.
                        Cheers Gunrock. I thought the sleepless nights would ease up as he got older. I’m too old for this sheet!

Comment

Eve Muirhead retiring. Gutted. No reason to watch the curling every four years anymore.

Comment

One of my Amazon parcels went missing (again) so I did a chat with them to get a refund. It's worth remembering something though, and that is they can see what you are typing before you send it.
                            I know because they asked me if I needed anything else, and as I was typing 'No, that's all th-' they said no problem and closed the chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              One of my Amazon parcels went missing (again) so I did a chat with them to get a refund. It's worth remembering something though, and that is they can see what you are typing before you send it.
                              I know because they asked me if I needed anything else, and as I was typing 'No, that's all th-' they said no problem and closed the chat.
                              yeah its quite standard for webchats, you also get full browsing history of where they have been on the site before the chat and what you have been looking at some even give you the route into the site you came from so that can see if you come from a competitors site, its so they can speed up answering you.

Other features like whisper let your supervisor say secret things to the agent too like "this guy is a dick dont give him any discount" Everything you write is also saved and archived so managers can review chats at a later date if complaints arise.

Comment

Got in to work this morning to find some dickhead had smashed one of my shop windows last night. The sooner science figures out the cure for stupidity the better.

Comment

Working...
                                X