Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Horrible Bosses on Netflix. That's not the irk, although it's hardly a fantastic film. I was just reminded about DNR in the Blu-Ray thread and Horribles Bosses on Netflix is fascinating because whatever post-processing they did on that move results in the backgrounds losing all hint of grain or indeed any normal film motion at all so they look like stills and, with the characters moving in front, a whole bunch of scenes look like an old point and click adventure. It's really weird to see and I was totally distracted through large portions of the movie by the still backdrops behind the characters.

Anyway, overprocessing movies irks me.

Comment

NeoGaf
      It was never good but the last few months, jesus christ, it's really dived deep into the Pro-Trump redneck alt-right pool hard.

Comment

Haven't sworn enough for the day? Take a peek at this shower of egomaniacal shills and let rip: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbe...t-tiktok-house

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          Haven't sworn enough for the day? Take a peek at this shower of egomaniacal shills and let rip: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbe...t-tiktok-house
          All I'd say is that I feel (not an opinion I necessarily expect people to share) that you can't judge the younger generation in the manner of "selling out" and "shilling" in the way we used to judge such things years ago.

Back in the 90s, as a teen, someone who started a band exclusively for money was seen as a sellout.

In 2020, kids seem start YouTube channels and media projects specifically with the aim of selling out. That's why they do it, and the other kids love them for it. They see it as fooling those advertisers for their money. The biggest sellout is a high achiever in their eyes.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          I watched Horrible Bosses on Netflix. That's not the irk, although it's hardly a fantastic film. I was just reminded about DNR in the Blu-Ray thread and Horribles Bosses on Netflix is fascinating because whatever post-processing they did on that move results in the backgrounds losing all hint of grain or indeed any normal film motion at all so they look like stills and, with the characters moving in front, a whole bunch of scenes look like an old point and click adventure. It's really weird to see and I was totally distracted through large portions of the movie by the still backdrops behind the characters.

Anyway, overprocessing movies irks me.
          Highlander has this problem on Blu-Ray. The day scenes are just too smooth.

Comment

Not shills but turbo-shills then.

Comment

I think its best to just write off their generation and start again at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                I think its best to just write off their generation and start again at this stage.
                OK boomer

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  All I'd say is that I feel (not an opinion I necessarily expect people to share) that you can't judge the younger generation in the manner of "selling out" and "shilling" in the way we used to judge such things years ago.

Back in the 90s, as a teen, someone who started a band exclusively for money was seen as a sellout.

In 2020, kids seem start YouTube channels and media projects specifically with the aim of selling out. That's why they do it, and the other kids love them for it. They see it as fooling those advertisers for their money. The biggest sellout is a high achiever in their eyes.

Highlander has this problem on Blu-Ray. The day scenes are just too smooth.
                  Try the 3D version of Predator. It's like they're using cell shading at times.

Comment

The Spaghetti Western Trilogy on Blu-ray is another dirty excessive DNR offender. The actors are so eerily waxen it's like Westworld.

Comment

All these irks are making me want to see these bloody things, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        The Spaghetti Western Trilogy on Blu-ray is another dirty excessive DNR offender. The actors are so eerily waxen it's like Westworld.
                        Oh dear I think we have that boxset unopened...

Comment

Water usage has jumped from 120l a day to 830l since my two housemates moved in. Maybe I developed a leak but they do take 30 minute showers each every day and are always using the washing machine.

I'm going to keep an eye on the water meter tomorrow but if that reading is accurate, they're going to have to pay significantly more to cover their portion of the bills.

Comment

Freaky covid 19 robot dog. Looks like a Hideo Kojima wet-dream come to life. It'd be getting a swift shoeing into the pond.

Comment

Freaky covid 19 robot dog. Looks like a Hideo Kojima wet-dream come to life. It'd be getting a swift shoeing into the pond.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/techno...singapore-park
                              Dog prevents dogging in Singapore.

Comment

I'd give that 5 minutes before someone pinched it or gave it the boot over here

Comment

Working...
                                X