Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap customer service. Hermes and Amazon. We returned something on the 5th and it has stayed in the 'we've got it' status ever since. I've tried calling Hermes but the automated system keeps messing up and kicking me off ... and Amazon have no way to communicate with a human, phone or chat. Meanwhile my son has no headset and is £110 out of pocket. It's rubbish.

EDIT: sorry, just read the posts above ... this ain't a real prob.

Comment

Every one of your wedding posts makes me stressed. Seriously have no idea why you're doing this to yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Every one of your wedding posts makes me stressed. Seriously have no idea why you're doing this to yourself!
        Agreed. Also Blocbcat seems like your mum is a drama queen and causes nothing but problems for you. Need to just say shut up and get on with it mum or don’t come at all, as it sounds like you’d have a much nicer day without her to be honest.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 19-06-2020, 12:24.

Comment

Thing is she is the nicest kindest woman on the planet until she doesn’t get her way where she will argue till blue in the face or sulk like a child.
          She always told me to stand up for myself but if I say anything in my defence or countering something she says she can go crazy if the mood is right.

She is particularly bad atm as she has been in and out of hospital for operations and cancer checks relating to these ops and she is the worst at recovery mentally. Most of my family will deal with her like that when she is particularly grouchy but as I rarely see or speak to her now I try stepping on eggshells but I will call her out if she turns nasty.

Basically she can be narcissistic as hell but when she isn’t she is the amazing mum I love and really need in my life right now, and cause she is not well, saying, thinking or doing anything ‘against’ her makes me feel the worst.
          I miss her badly when we get along.
          She just has too high expectations of everything and gets herself worked up but lays it all on me at some point.

It will all be ok in the end, just leaving her be for now.

Comment

Atticus, Amazon have a phone line but they try to get you to submit complaints and issues via the website. It's most likely to submit an issue then phone.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
              Atticus, Amazon have a phone line but they try to get you to submit complaints and issues via the website. It's most likely to submit an issue then phone.
              That phone line is now just a recorded message that tells you you can't talk to a person at present (due to pandemic/keeping staff safe) and refers you to the website for support (where you can only chat to a bot, which then only leads you to your return/refund details in your order history). If there's no change in the situation by the refund post deadline then the refund request will be cancelled ... as far as Amazon are concerned, we haven't even posted it yet.

Comment

I ordered one of the limited edition TLOU2 PS4 DualShock pads from Currys on Friday.

It arrived this morning in an absolutely awful condition.

They shipped it in a grey plastic bag and the outer controller packaging is dented, torn and crushed. If it was a normal pad I probably wouldn't care as much but with this being an LE I want to have the box in decent nick as part of the item.

They're now listed as out of stock on the website so it doesn't look like I'll be getting a replacement.

Won't be using Currys again.

Comment

I bought a switch game sent like that and it has a hole in the back of the box. They send consoles like that too.

The returns process is just about enough of a pain l not to bother. If it was amazon Id have the replacement next day. It was a fiver cheaper with 6 months of spotify so thats the price you pay, I guess!

Comment

I bought a washer/dryer from Currys a few years ago and they were stellar. The box wasn't dented at all. The only hiccup was that I paid for removal of the old washer but the delivery guy said it wasn't mentioned in the manifest and couldn't take it. At least he moved it out of the garage for us, which was nice.

I called Currys and they offered to arrange a pickup date or just refund the removal fee(20 quid). Dad said to refund the removal fee and just leave the washing machine outside because someone would definitely take it.

The next morning there was a knock at the door and a very polite Polish guy asked if he could take the washing machine.

I wish I'd recorded a video, though. He got it to his truck easily enough, but he dropped it when trying to lift it onto the back. He called his wife/gf to help and they both tried. Again it fell off. There was some arguing and I was worried he'd just give up after having broken a perfectly fine washing machine but they eventually got it in there and drove away.

I'd never liked Currys so I'm not trying to offer a silver lining here. Maybe the trick is to order a washing machine so they'll put your console/whatever inside that for protection.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      I called Currys and they offered to arrange a pickup date or just refund the removal fee(20 quid). Dad said to refund the removal fee and just leave the washing machine outside because someone would definitely take it.
                      With anything like that, my first recourse (in the summer, when it's reliably dry) is always to put it outside with a note saying "free to a good home". Give it an hour and it's always gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        With anything like that, my first recourse (in the summer, when it's reliably dry) is always to put it outside with a note saying "free to a good home". Give it an hour and it's always gone.
                        Careful, mate.

Blobcat might see that and stick a note on you​!

Comment

Found a free Asura on the street. Win!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                            Found a free Asura on the street. Win?
                            That last bit...

Comment

He seems to like dry bread.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Nice! I’ve heard of a few people putting furniture outside for free, getting no interest, then putting a sign with a price and “enquire within”, after which that furniture is swiped instantly. Something about “free” can make people think there must be something wrong with it. Also that thieves will thieve

Comment

Working...
                                X