Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got on the bus home from work today. The driver asked me to put a mask on. I did, to avoid fuss. I had about twelve fresh ones in my right pocket. Ended up being the only one on the bus all my ride.

Anyhoo, grabbed a METRO and noticed an ad by Boots around four or five page-turns in.

It was for the very same hospital face masks I wear at work. At £15 for 20 'single use' masks.

I was maddened. Still am. Absolutely made me lose all respect for Boots. Absolute scam. Come see me, I'll give you a few fresh ones.

Absolutely cynical. Absolutely. Sickening.

Go to your docs, you'll get them for nowt and you'll know they're legit. There is no shortage, now. There hasn't been for ages.

Comment

It also creates the prospect of an artificially-created black market. Lots of scraggy-looking folk appearing at the hospital asking if we've "got masks?" but I sense the glint in their eyes is slightly off (that and they smell of piss, vodka, and 49-day damp no-bath bedhead-hair).

Anyhoot, I can see skagheads nicking free masks from the hosp and selling em at least two for a quid. And I wouldn't blame them at all, their life is piss-awful.

But the supermarkets make it vastly overpriced and the hosp offers it to all for nowt.

What happen, uh...??!..

Comment

PS also, bins came today and while I was as work, some twat decided to put loads of waste wood into my emptied wheelie bin and one of the neighbour's bins, filling them both entirely to the brim with rancid wood.

Really pissed me off. Just worked 12hrs in a Borneo situation and thank fuc I'm off and now some horrid fucca doing this to me when I'm like proper nice n good n all?

I just lifted my bin up by the wheels, dumped it, kicked it all into a corner behind the house of the guy I suspect did it. I can't prove owt so I don't know.

(he got a new fence a few weeks back and it looks like Mexico, now, in a really **** way).

But it really gave me an immediate, massive downer upon returning home from a ****ing awful day at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
          Found a free Asura on the street. Win!
          Looks like someones dented him, leaves on curb and walks away.

Comment

Extra PPE including wearing extra plastic + DAYYM ITS HOT OUTSIDE = sadness

As for masks yeah they are easy enough to get for work now, patients can even take one if they want. One guy who did for his visit asked if we wanted it back! Um, No?

A while ago I heard a story that in some countries they recommended cutting them up after using them as people were actually stealling them from bins, washing and ironing them to resell online. These are the paper disposable ones

Comment

Graham Norton.

The campness grates after a bit, but it's not that, it's that he's a poor host.
              Everything is on his cue cards written for him, researchers find the funny pictures and the entertainment of the show entirely rests on the quality of his guests, which is usually high because of the audience the BBC commands.
              "So (reads card) tell me about your recent flight where something funny happened! (Stops listening)"

Then the red chair thing is vile, because he gets to judge people, make himself look better than them and make it look like him and the celebrities are not like these people.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Graham Norton.

The campness grates after a bit, but it's not that, it's that he's a poor host.
                Everything is on his cue cards written for him, researchers find the funny pictures and the entertainment of the show entirely rests on the quality of his guests, which is usually high because of the audience the BBC commands.
                "So (reads card) tell me about your recent flight where something funny happened! (Stops listening)"

Then the red chair thing is vile, because he gets to judge people, make himself look better than them and make it look like him and the celebrities are not like these people.
                100%
                And the random segways into something unrelated.

Comment

With a heavy heart we decided to cancel our honeymoon today cause in all circumstances we will either miss out, be unsafe or probably not be able to fly or be quarantined before and after. This really hurts, especially as its exactly 6 months since [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] surprised me with booking it and almost exactly 3 months till we were due to go.

I just hope the wedding is still ok (in the last few days it looks like it's back on track...for now)

Comment

I can't even imagine the stress of a wedding in this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I can't even imagine the stress of a wedding in this situation.
                      It's not so bad; the only stress is whether it will happen at all. All of the event is under 1 roof and we only have 29 guests, so it's going to be straightforward; literally the ONLY problem is whether the gov't and the corona situation lets us have it.

Comment

Ah, well, another plan is most def in order!

Good luck to both of you and hope you get there in the end, we need sweetness in these times

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION], there are worse reasons why you could be cancelling, so don't stress.

On our honeymoon in Jamaica we were chilling in a hot tub and people had asked how the wedding went.
                          We explained it went perfectly and an amazing day. The only thing that went wrong is that because it was at Easter, we had a massive Costco chocolate egg, but the staff at the reception dropped it and it was just a pile of chocolate, rather than an impressive centrepiece.

Following this, another American woman in the hot tub related the tale of her sister's wedding.
                          The night before, the groom, best men and his ushers went out in his truck, doing donuts in a field, but didn't see the drop...
                          The truck went over it and crashed but everyone was okay, except the groom, who had ruptured his spleen.
                          The wedding went ahead, but the hospital refused to discharge the groom, so the bride and vicar went to the hospital, did the vows and then the bride returned to the reception, on her own...

An awkward silence descended on the hot tub, until I broke it by saying "Didn't you hear? My chocolate egg broke, get some perspective, sheesh!"

Good times and you'll get to celebrate eventually.

My bro-in-law had his wedding cancelled by the venue before Government restrictions and refuse to refund the deposit.
                          This is a mistake, because he's gone to the press and he's taking them to court.

Comment

Tough times indeed. I don’t envy you, Blobura.

Not wanting to sound too much like a gittish contrarian, I would consider it the perfect time to get married in some respects. As few guests as possible, no cling-ons, a reduction in cost and generally a closer, more intimate day. The distancing sucks massively, but I’ve always said that if I tied the knot, I’d make sure that only about 20 people were invited. Current circumstances are the perfect excuse to keep some people excluded without kicking up too much of a fuss. Cousin Nobhead wouldn’t be invited, for example. Restrictions, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              Tough times indeed. I don’t envy you, Blobura.

Not wanting to sound too much like a gittish contrarian, I would consider it the perfect time to get married in some respects. As few guests as possible, no cling-ons, a reduction in cost and generally a closer, more intimate day. The distancing sucks massively, but I’ve always said that if I tied the knot, I’d make sure that only about 20 people were invited. Current circumstances are the perfect excuse to keep some people excluded without kicking up too much of a fuss. Cousin Nobhead wouldn’t be invited, for example. Restrictions, innit?
                              Yeah; to be fair, that was our original plan. We only ever invited 40 people, expecting around 30, which is how it has turned out. All under one roof, small get-together. We're not the sort of people who would enjoy, or glean any benefit from a 200-person party wedding, even if we were wealthy enough for it.

Comment

Been watching a nice little cult movie channel on YouTube called Cynic Snacks, he reviews them crap horror DVDs that crop up in Poundland.

Great little channel just unfortunate he's got exactly the same voice as James Corden. Because you don't see his face, mentally you kinda picture JC speaking and I'm not talking about Jesus.

It's wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X