Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Lennon said about his son being an accident was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Back in my day, we had thoughtful wordplay in songs such as ‘No no no no no no no no no no no no there’s no limits’.
      techno techno techno techno... Erm techno

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
        What Lennon said about his son being an accident was horrible.
        I think it's been an accepted fact, for at least a decade, that if Lennon had lived, he would be something of a pariah today unless he changed his act. Supposedly he was awful to his kids and his seemingly contrarian, at-times eccentric personality would probably have worn out its welcome.

Comment

Yep, if you had the power to revive the deceased he's one I'd leave where he is.

Comment

The virtual keyboard on my mobile phone.

I am having continual issues with randomly pressing the "." key rather than the space bar. I've looked and can't find an option on either Gboard or SwiftKey to remove / relocate the "." key.

Can anyone suggest anything - that isn't "get an iPhone"?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

I am having continual issues with randomly pressing the "." key rather than the space bar. I've looked and can't find an option on either Gboard or SwiftKey to remove / relocate the "." key.

As an iPhone user with the same trouble, I'd reckon getting an iPhone won't help you. Also, there are only "." and "go" to the right of my space bar so it's quite long already. I think I need to stretch my right thumb just a bit further.

p.s. I'm just using the regular Apple keyboard.

Comment

I do that all the time on my iPhone too and it gets right on my tits.

Comment

How long have we had smart phones? More than a decade? And I still can't type a single sentence without mistakes or autocorrect messing up. Feels like that's a design problem that should have been addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    How long have we had smart phones? More than a decade? And I still can't type a single sentence without mistakes or autocorrect messing up. Feels like that's a design problem that should have been addressed.
                    Maybe it's you Dogg?

I don't have any tissues with my autocollect.

Comment

I became so frustrated with the slow typing and irritating lack of ergonomics on touchscreen phones a few years ago that I moved to BlackBerry phones with physical keyboards and I've never looked back. Currently on a KeyOne (typing this on one now). Would strongly recommend anyone who is fed up of touchscreen keyboards to do the same, it immediately felt "right".

Comment

That's interesting. I came very close to buying a Blackberry Priv when they came out a few years ago, but when I test drove it in Carphone Warehouse, I was pretty disappointed by the keyboard. It wasn't nearly as good as the one on the BB Curve I had back in ~2006. Way too cramped and I found it harder to type on than the digital kb on the Nexus 5 I was using at the time.

I ended up with an iPhone 6s+ at the time, which I reckon was the right call in the end. The Priv had too many compromises. Reckon that might've been in large part due to it being a slider though.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

Stop pressing "."?

Code your own keyboard with nothing but the spacebar at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            That's interesting. I came very close to buying a Blackberry Priv when they came out a few years ago, but when I test drove it in Carphone Warehouse, I was pretty disappointed by the keyboard. It wasn't nearly as good as the one on the BB Curve I had back in ~2006. Way too cramped and I found it harder to type on than the digital kb on the Nexus 5 I was using at the time.

I ended up with an iPhone 6s+ at the time, which I reckon was the right call in the end. The Priv had too many compromises. Reckon that might've been in large part due to it being a slider though.
                            I had a feel of a Priv and I wasn't too keen either, think it was to do with the depth of the keys due to the sliding mechanism. In my case, I don't do anything too complicated on the phone but I do need to type quickly so I can fire off a load of Emails. The physical keyboard is super-handy for the ZX Spectrum emulator though.

Comment

Yeah, the depth was the issue I reckon. I bet your KeyOne would be good for Infocom games - there is a really good emulator for them called Frotz. [MENTION=7652]Hirst[/MENTION]

Comment

Reality beckons and I’m going to (partly) reopen my shop on the 6th. Not going to lie, I’ve quite enjoyed just doing the order & collect and having loads of time to just sit about on my arse at home playing video games. At least I managed to hold out until I’d completely the entire PS3/4 Naughty Dog-athon.

Comment

Working...
                                X