Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very hard, busy day at work today. Reception messed up the booking so made today so much harder for me and my dentist to get through the day.
    Found out the dentist I like working with most is now leaving (heard last week he was going to lessen his hours and work somewhere else as a well but now he is just leaving) and yet another nurse is leaving so that's like 4 in 2 months (one is maternity leave and has not been in since lockdown) plus one who's little boy is continuing cancer treatment who I doubt I will see again for a long time. Kinda sucks
    Last edited by Blobcat; 19-08-2020, 19:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      Never lodge with friends, it'll come back to bite you in the arse, especially when they bring they're crazy ****ing girlfriend.
      Some may remember my stories from house-sharing with my friend while I was flogging all of my stuff off and saving up to move to Singapore.

Exact same deal. Luckily it was a big house and there was another friend sharing the experience.

Comment

Anyway, this past two weeks I've been slaving over a six-page website design for Lime scooters. They want to pitch to the City of London and eventually get into bed with them in a big way. They wanted something "award-winning", so they came to me, naturally.

£800.

I've just received all of their copy content three days before their meeting and it's an unfinished list of bullet points. WTF am I supposed to do with this, exactly?

I've just emailed them back with this:

"Not good enough. Please improve."

£800. lol...

This was supposed to be a quick job. Now I'm beginning to feel like Lando after he realises he's getting the shaft from Vader.

Total piss take. It's my son's third birthday this weekend and all we can afford are two books and possibly a trip to McDonalds with some vouchers that came through the door. It's just ****ty job after ****ty job since COVID. I'm still owed well over €8,000 from 2019 FFS. The best part is we don't get any COVID relief funds from the govt. because of work invoiced, and not money received.

I'd honestly be better moving into packing/logistics with my time. I committed to trying to pick up basic AI development but I'm not finding the time at all with all this crap work. I save myself two exhausted hours in the evening for gaming and that's absolutely essential for me in retaining my sanity.
        Last edited by dataDave; 20-08-2020, 10:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
          plus one who's little boy is continuing cancer treatment who I doubt I will see again for a long time. Kinda sucks
          That's terrible. Puts my money woes right into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Anyway, this past two weeks I've been slaving over a six-page website design for Lime scooters. They want to pitch to the City of London and eventually get into bed with them in a big way. They wanted something "award-winning", so they came to me, naturally.

£800.

I've just received all of their copy content three days before their meeting and it's an unfinished list of bullet points. WTF am I supposed to do with this, exactly?

I've just emailed them back with this:

"Not good enough. Please improve."

£800. lol...

This was supposed to be a quick job. Now I'm beginning to feel like Lando after he realises he's getting the shaft from Vader.

Total piss take. It's my son's third birthday this weekend and all we can afford are two books and possibly a trip to McDonalds with some vouchers that came through the door. It's just ****ty job after ****ty job since COVID. I'm still owed well over €8,000 from 2019 FFS. The best part is we don't get any COVID relief funds from the govt. because of work invoiced, and not money received.

I'd honestly be better moving into packing/logistics with my time. I committed to trying to pick up basic AI development but I'm not finding the time at all with all this crap work. I save myself two exhausted hours in the evening for gaming and that's absolutely essential for me in retaining my sanity.
            Year but dave, what you have to consider is that their actually doing YOU a favour with this opportunity, i mean this is a BIG PITCH for big business peoples. Im sure you’ll get full credit for making them all look good in their big meeting 🤣

Comment

Got my car insurance renewal quote today.

It’s increased by £160.

Tempting...

Comment

I got our multicar policy yesterday as well, also a price hike. Kicked off and told them I was moving the business, which magically resulted in a £250 discount on the quote.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Year but dave, what you have to consider is that their actually doing YOU a favour with this opportunity, i mean this is a BIG PITCH for big business peoples. Im sure you’ll get full credit for making them all look good in their big meeting 🤣
                  I'm really standing my ground with this content. It's 30 hours of editing at the very least, and that's before I have to faff around with making it look exotic.

Still waiting for their reply.

I'm at the point where I don't care about the money anymore. So they have everything to lose by trying to take advantage of my time.

Comment

I'm really standing my ground with this content. It's 30 hours of editing at the very least, and that's before I have to faff around with making it look exotic.

Still waiting for their reply.

I'm at the point where I don't care about the money anymore. So they have everything to lose by trying to take advantage of my time.
                    Program the site, but put a timer in with a snarky message about not being paid that comes up right in the middle of their meeting 😁

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time I've baked easter eggs into a site.

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] - your inbox is full!
                      Last edited by dataDave; 20-08-2020, 16:14.

Comment

That's terrible. Puts my money woes right into perspective.
                        Found out nurse is actually due back next week! Looking forward to seeing her.

Her little boy was diagnosed with leukaemia last year so was off for a long time, cancelled wedding plans (kids made them get engaged and were so excited) as the diagnosis came days after booking venue, only just started returning to work at the start of the year weeks before lockdown so it must be a living nightmare. He’s doing ok, long road to recovery but not having to trek into London every week now and just having to avoid covid must be hard enough.

A long time ago I mused selling my old childhood Lego collection on here. I actually ended up giving him and his brother everything but my collectible mini lego fig collection (which they have most of anyway) as a early Christmas gift last year as I’m sure he needed it more than anyone.

Money woes still suck though, especially for unpaid work you have done! Don’t feel bad, you have every right to be upset and angry!

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time I've baked easter eggs into a site.

@Asura - your inbox is full!
                          [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] - fixed.

Comment

Youtube titles "12 Beginners Tips And Tricks Microsoft Flight Simulator Doesn't Tell You"

1. Do the tutorials............

Comment

Since Thursday I've strained my back making me be in constant pain and hard to move, cracked my toenail splitting half of it from the nail bed, banged by shoulder, been bitten by a bug and someone I had a 2hr meeting with has reported in with the flu... in August... after a heatwave...

Comment

Keyboards.
                                Just that the letters can wear off them and the little feet break on them and it seems wrong to bin a whole keyboard because of a little bit of plastic that needs replacing.

Comment

Working...
                                X