Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite local coffee shop that has my photos on display is closing down because of Covid-19.

2020 officially sucks now.

Comment

"Look, I don't know how we can break it to the guy that we want to take down his photos. It could really hurt his feelings. Wait a minute... we could just close and tell him it was a fire or covid or something?"

Comment

You go there for the coffee - you stay for the art work

Comment

Availability of the base iPad rn. Ordered one from Apple yesterday and the ETA is December 3rd, seems to be sold out everywhere. Wish I'd bought sooner.

Comment

420 Argos stores are closing. Admittedly, it can be a shock just how many there are, but still, sucks for the staff.

Sega's arcades in Japan are all being sold off (was in the Japanese entertainment business news this week).

I'm starting to get concerned that this is going to scupper so much. Even if things were "back to normal" next summer, we've definitely lost some stuff. For instance, the Disney parks in Florida have laid off most of their entertainment staff; even when things get back to some sense of normality it'll be years before the parks are like how they were in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Availability of the base iPad rn. Ordered one from Apple yesterday and the ETA is December 3rd, seems to be sold out everywhere. Wish I'd bought sooner.
              I just sold my iPad Mini5 today and ordered a used 64gb iPad Air 3rd gen from Hard-Off(warranty until next June).

I was about to buy the new iPad but they only have 32GB(£300) and 128GB(£370), while the Air was bang in the middle at £335. The new iPad is great, though. They got left behind for years but the recent ones have been wicked.

Comment

Well, it's a gift for the girlfriend in this case but yeah I'm sure the A12 and the ability to use an Apple Pencil will make it a much better buy than the 2019 model was. Would like one myself but I'm not sure I'd use a tablet enough to justify the cost.

Comment

[MENTION=6808]Cepp[/MENTION]: sorry for your loss. Its never a good time to lose people you love, but this year its easy for the personal tragedy to get lost in the worldwide cluster-**** of terrible news.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Well, it's a gift for the girlfriend in this case but yeah I'm sure the A12 and the ability to use an Apple Pencil will make it a much better buy than the 2019 model was. Would like one myself but I'm not sure I'd use a tablet enough to justify the cost.
                    Nice! And yeah, the A12 is great. The jump from Mini4 to Mini5 was immense.

The Apple Pencil is the reason I got a larger one.

I bought a 1st gen Apple Pencil two days ago, then ordered a new case for my iPad Mini(I was still using the manky old one from my iPad Mini 4 with nasty holes gouged out for the new button/camera layout).

Today I actually tried using the pencil, realised the Mini is just too small for my hands, took it to a 2nd-hand shop and they offered me their maximum of £250 for it. Funnily enough, they have a single gold iPad Mini4 in stock that I'm pretty sure is the one I sold them last year

Try using hers and see what you think. I never thought I'd use a tablet, then in 2011 I traded in my 360 Elite and all my 360 games for an iPad 2. Once you get one, you'll find uses for it. I think some of the nonsense I conjured up is still in the artwork thread!

Comment

Been playing the NES version of RENEGADE on Xbox One. Fiddled about with the settings, changed the border background to pure black and got 100G's worth of cheevz for clicking an option once. 100G. Not 10G. That's annoying.

All too interminably easy, make me at least struggle a tad for my Gs!!!!!

Comment

The Last of Us Part II appears to give me motion sickness/headaches...

Comment

Irks me that TOMB RAIDER: DEFINITIVE EDITION on Xbox One hasn't recognised I've already bought it.

It's in yet another sale, yet I bought it a few months back despite already getting it on Games With Gold ages back. It's not even registered I own it.

It's recently come up again in the sale and it wants to charge me another £3.59 to play it again.

Anyone else had this prob and is there an easy way to rectify it? I'm considering getting a cheap physical vers to avoid this hassle again.

Yeah, had this shid with INFERNO POOL on PS3 and the LAIR OF THE SHADOW BROKER DLC on 360, ended up paying twice and it's ****ing annoying!!!

Comment

Also, bah, I caved. Bought £25 of Xbox credit at Morrisons this eve, with the intention of waiting for a great sale to spend it on.

Also bought a 70cl bottle of Jack Daniel's and a 1.5l bottle of Cherry Coke.

Recipe for disaster. Guess what happened?

Just ended up buying RED FACTION GUERRILLA REMARSTERED EDITION for £5.99. I already own it once on 360 and twice on PS3. All versions cost me a quid or less.

Also, SHENMUE 1&2 at £6.24, despite owning the physical.

Yeeeeeah. Gonna pass that Shenmue onto my bro when we next meet for a smoke n' Polish lager sesh. Spread the love, always.

Comment

Just set off the smoke alarms in my house with my first attempt at making onion bhajis. Not ready to give up though, they're too tasty when they're not burnt to a crisp.

Comment

Draughty sash windows.

My PC is right next to our livingroom bay window and this time of year I have to have a heater on under the desk to survive and somehow try and attach the curtain to the wall so not to direct a draught face onto me, all whilst not damaging the walls in our rented flat.

I’m sat a good + 5 meters away on the sofa from the window and I can feel the cold from outside despite s radiator being on between here and there behind our sofa.

I’m trying to work out a way of possibility attaching Velcro to the wood-chip papered wall to attach our curtain to it to block the draught slightly. It’s really bothering me now we can’t go out on an evening so evenings are spent sat freezing by this window.

Bedroom has one large sash window but it’s flat against the wall, I rest the curtains on the ledge so the radiator underneath flows heat into the room rather than behind that curtain.

Comment

Working...
                                X