Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is mad how printers are that piece of technology that just does not seem to have got any better. Mine randomly connects and disconnects. Sometimes it prints, other times it doesn't. I swear sometimes I see it giving me the fingers out of the corner of my eye.

Comment

I blame Big Ink for all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
        I blame Big Ink for all of this.
        Fake nooz.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          It is mad how printers are that piece of technology that just does not seem to have got any better. Mine randomly connects and disconnects. Sometimes it prints, other times it doesn't. I swear sometimes I see it giving me the fingers out of the corner of my eye.
          Yep, I find I say this all the time. So many aspects of computer peripherals have gotten better, but printers, while they can do lots of cool things and generally fit in smaller packages now (like my all-in-one Epson printer can print photos sent to it via email) their core functionality is just the same as it was in ~2005, crap.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
            ****ing printers again. Just what is the ****ing problem with printers? They're slow, unresponsive, a pain the arse to get working properly sometimes and the ink is a scandalous rip-off. Why, for the love of ****ing god, are printing and printers so **** in 2021?
            There has to be a better way to print these days. I mean I don't believe printers have evolved much in probably 20 years!
            It must be one of the most ancient pieces of **** tech we still use. Even the dot matrix printers were more reliable, at least it fed the paper in on a reel. In fact the more I'm thinking about printers the more it's pissing me off.

Comment

The only good printer is a dead printer.

Comment

There's too much profit in selling ink to make printers not ****. It's quite the scam.

Comment

A semi-amused irk, Brexit double-whammy, on the infantile stupidity of fisheries and the British consumer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-55996938

Comment

Another example of that is cuttlefish, which is also called Brixham Squid now. They land tons of it there but the vast majority is sold to Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      There's too much profit in selling ink to make printers not ****. It's quite the scam.
                      It's this. The printer manufacturers have historically sold the printers at a loss, and made it up via ink sales. As long as that continues, it's not in their interests to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Another example of that is cuttlefish, which is also called Brixham Squid now. They land tons of it there but the vast majority is sold to Europe.
                        God we are so ****ing thick as a nation. Don't worry, Mr. and Mrs. Blogs, the spider crab is not actually a spider, and no...blood oranges don't contain actual blood. Look, we've even renamed them 'ruby oranges' for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          It's this. The printer manufacturers have historically sold the printers at a loss, and made it up via ink sales. As long as that continues, it's not in their interests to improve.
                          Yep, and parts aren't available for repairs when they do inevitably go wrong. They regularly change the electronics to make older cartridges incompatible with new printers so you have to buy new cartridges when your printer dies and should your printer not die they jack up the prices on the older cartridges as new ones are introduced. And don't forget that inkjet cartridges can dry out if they're not used regularly!

I bought a mono laser (Samsung) some years ago for postage labels occasionally and I've yet to have to replace the toner. Was a solid investment.

Comment

Cartridges are one of thee most wasteful products i’ve ever come across. All those resources going into laser toners cartridges and just thrown away, should be a crime and sorted out.

If its ink, just refil permanent tanks.

If its toner, just pour into permanent tanks.

End of.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              I just can’t even anymore.

Comment

I was planning to buy Atelier Ryza come February. Of course this is shortly after the release of the second game. Naturally it's sold out absolutely everywhere now. What did I expect? This always happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X