Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to prepare a rack of ribs late, only to find I didn't have enough foil, and they were in two pieces.
    Dinner is delayed by an hour (~1.5 hours from now) and I'm already hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      How eBay encourages people, these days, to use a stock image if they don't have a photo of the item.

Everyone has smartphones now, or at least, everyone who is likely to use eBay.

If it's a stock photo I just have to assume there's something the seller wants to hide.
      Never buy from sellers using stock photos, the whole thing just encourages fraud and false advertising.

Comment

Midday on the day after the England-Germany quarter final and BBC headlines still dominated by 'LIVE' reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          How eBay encourages people, these days, to use a stock image if they don't have a photo of the item.

Everyone has smartphones now, or at least, everyone who is likely to use eBay.

If it's a stock photo I just have to assume there's something the seller wants to hide.
          It depends what you are buying; if it’s a cd or bluray, it doesn’t really bother me - Some really really big sellers on eBay (musicMagpie) don’t even use stock photos of the item (they just have a pic that says the item is in stock). Bought tons of stuff this way over the years and never had an issue and always got the item in the description. Everything is usually covered by the eBay money back guarantee anyway.

Comment

I've been clearing the house out with my missus and we've been using MusicMagpie to shift cheaper DVDs that aren't worth us selling. Other than being complete they don't seem to particularly care about condition. Ours are nice but I can imagine them selling some right dog-eared rubbish.

Comment

I've had issues with stock photos when buying used books on Ebay from big clearing houses like World of Books. Some have turned up in readable but downright poor condition - the sort of condition where a charity shop would chuck it in the bin or refuse it rather than put it on the shelf. Which is irritating.

Comment

I think with companies like Music Magpie or Argos ebay shop it's ok but for private sales I want to see a photo, just take a look at some of the photo gear that says excellent or mint condition and they look like they've been sitting in a skip for a month.

Comment

Talk about England's chances based on past performance, particularly when referring back to events beyond the last 8-10 years. It's somewhat akin to:

Other than kicking a ball there's zero comparison to be made.

Comment

Anyone else remember when scroll bars on windows were useful? These days it seems each scroll bar is coded slightly differently depending on some electron framework or whatever, some are always there, some only appear when you move the mouse near them and all of them are too thin to actually be able to click inside them. BRING BACK FAT, ALWAYS VISIBLE SCROLL BARS I SAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                      Anyone else remember when scroll bars on windows were useful? These days it seems each scroll bar is coded slightly differently depending on some electron framework or whatever, some are always there, some only appear when you move the mouse near them and all of them are too thin to actually be able to click inside them. BRING BACK FAT, ALWAYS VISIBLE SCROLL BARS I SAY!
                      What's with those autohidey ones?

You only lose a bit of the visible screen by having sensibly wide scrollbars, but these are about 2 pixels wide and it's like a wire puzzle trying to get the mouse exactly in the right spot to expand them and scroll!

Comment

Scroll using the wheel on your mouse, who uses scroll bars? Logitech mx has scroll wheels for up/down & left/right as well.

Comment

Yeah, I'm the same except with a trackpad. I never need to use scrollbars, which I figured was common and probably why they're barely there these days - think modern ones are just intended as a quick guide to how far down a page you are/how long the page is, rather than as a navigation tool.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Scroll using the wheel on your mouse, who uses scroll bars? Logitech mx has scroll wheels for up/down & left/right as well.
                            When where you want to scroll to is a hundred mouse wheel revolutions away. Faster (or should be) to drag the scroll bar

Comment

Fair point!

Comment

Thats fair. But its always there though.

Comment

Working...
                                X