This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Reminds me of a Viz letter where someone pointed out that you are only allowed two circuits of a roundabout before choosing an exit and he wanted the police to man roundabouts to catch people flouting this little known law.
    Actually, there is no law about how many times you can drive around a roundabout, but an excessive amount could be classed as dangerous driving.

Which reminds me of a Viz feature where you could write in about pedantic things to moan about.
    The article was called "Pedantic's Corner" and loads of people wrote to the feature to say that it should be "Pedant's Corner".
    [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION]:

Comment

I'm what you would call an unapologetic middle lane driver. I get in there and I pretty much stay there the entire journey. Reason why is I'll largely stick to 70mph the whole way so I'm keeping clear of anyone overtaking me on the right hand lane, if they get annoyed I give them zero regard because it means they're driving above the speed limit so the issue lies with them not me. As for the left hand lane, traffic largely moves slower than the speed limit, it merges in from junctions (which people seem inept at doing) too so it's simply much, much more dangerous to be in the left hand lane and have to swap in and out all the time. So yep, middle lane all the way!!

Comment

Ban request.

Comment

You have to catch me first left laner!

Comment

Tosses grenade....

Banksy's 'art' is ****

Comment

There’s a dislike button but most of the people whose posts I’d use it on are already banned.

This is more a smile than an irk, of course

I suppose I could dislike NI’s post above but I dunno what the ramifications are.

WHAT ARE THE RAMIFICATIONS???

Comment

I see a game in the works. **** artist grenade pong.

Hirst's 'art' is even ****tier.

(Edit - Damien, not the venerable forum member.)
                Last edited by wheelaa; 19-11-2021, 16:41.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                  Hirst's 'art' is even ****tier.
                  That's a bit unfair! I did a lovely drawing of some guy at Cex today who was desperate to trade in a Samsung Galaxy and was moaning because he didn't have any valid ID.

Comment

Best Hirst ever.

Comment

Yep thats a classic Hirst alright.

Comment

Auto-playing videos, and these new ones that play as soon as I tap, even if I’m just using the forecourt to turn around(dragging on them to scroll down the page).

I’ll try and imagine it’s an accessibility decision and not so that the videos are all up in my grill

Comment

I like Banksy and how the art is more than just a picture.

I find it fascinating the ways people react to them like graffitiing over them, councils washing them off and greeeeedy people doing things like walling them off, removing the plaster they're on to auction and reselling the half-shredded picture.

Comment

The one he did here a few years back was awesome and perfectly positioned just up the road from GCHQ

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I like Banksy and how the art is more than just a picture.

I find it fascinating the ways people react to them like graffitiing over them, councils washing them off and greeeeedy people doing things like walling them off, removing the plaster they're on to auction and reselling the half-shredded picture.
                              I loved that trick they pulled a while back where they made a picture for auction that, when the auction closed, just after the auctioneer banged his gavel, the picture was rigged to destroy itself.

Now, sadly I suspect the remains of it are worth even more, just because of the stunt giving it "a story", but I like to think they still got what they wanted, because if that ever sells for a lot of money, normal people can point and laugh at the absurdity of the art world spending millions on a ruined picture.

Comment

Being known as the computer person the amount of people who come up to me and say "so i heard you know about computers .....i have a problem with my printer " I just say " stop right there just get a new printer"

I cannot stand ink jet printers ...everyone knows what a con they are with pricing of the refills compared to cost....but in general in my experience how unreliable they are

Comment

Working...
                                X