Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expensive as well, plus their brothers always show up after a few months but are super handsy.

Comment

I think I've thrown out a perfectly fine and still packaged 128GB Micro SD that I got from Amazon for free last year (they sent two out by accident). I got rid of a stack of Amazon envelopes a couple of months back and it was still inside one of them.

I know they're only worth €15, but the miser in me is irk'ed for throwing out a free bonus SD, which at the time put a right big smile on my face, mainly because I'm always needing them - like right now.

Comment

Indian call centres. Absolutely useless and i just can’t deal with them any longer. Just had a massive row with talktalk about the broadband thats been 4-5mb for 3 months, been reported several times and they just won’t sort it out, I’m supposed to be getting 65mb’s on average.

They’ve been warned several times to sort the issue but i’m canceling the direct debit.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Indian call centres. Absolutely useless and i just can’t deal with them any longer. Just had a massive row with talktalk about the broadband thats been 4-5mb for 3 months, been reported several times and they just won’t sort it out, I’m supposed to be getting 65mb’s on average.

They’ve been warned several times to sort the issue but i’m canceling the direct debit.
          Yeah, they’re the IAPs of customer service. Some idiot figured it made good financial sense and everyone else followed suit.

Last thing you want at your wits end is to deal with someone whose pronunciation is all over the shop telling you they’ll surely assist you, and I say this as someone who can understand them completely.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            Yeah, they’re the IAPs of customer service. Some idiot figured it made good financial sense and everyone else followed suit.

Last thing you want at your wits end is to deal with someone whose pronunciation is all over the shop telling you they’ll surely assist you, and I say this as someone who can understand them completely.
            Their is very little someone in a call center in India can do for you hes the gatekeeper of the engineers. You'd need to get an engineer out to do anything to affect your speeds, and they would probably just find that your too far from the exchange or that your in a congested and oversubscribed area. Switching Broadband is a pain but most likely your best bet in this type of situation.

I rang Tesco Customer service the other day as they canceled our shopping delivery but still charged us for it and now we have to wait 5 days for a refund, its not a massive issue for us but that could seriously leave someone in a mess with no shopping and no money, we use this service as my wife has limited mobility so its not like where just being lazy she likes to sort out the shopping online where as id rather just go and get it done instore on my own.

I though it was worth a call to customer service, I'm always Polite as i feel its not worth being nasty to someone just trying to do a job, but the person i spoke to couldn't of been more condescending or uninterested if they tried. Tescos stance seems to be well if your don't like our policy of automatically charging for stuff the morning of supposed dispatch then your free to shop elsewhere. here's a ten pound voucher now p off ,

no way to escalate this complaint or pass it on to someone higher, just a wall of indifference from someone who has clearly had her spirit robbed from dealing with the British publics pointless problems one too many times.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 14-12-2021, 08:47.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              I think I've thrown out a perfectly fine and still packaged 128GB Micro SD that I got from Amazon for free last year (they sent two out by accident). I got rid of a stack of Amazon envelopes a couple of months back and it was still inside one of them.

I know they're only worth €15, but the miser in me is irk'ed for throwing out a free bonus SD, which at the time put a right big smile on my face, mainly because I'm always needing them - like right now.

Now I'm irked by how much time I wasted trying to track it down, while it was in the cabinet right behind me all along. Easily €100 down in work hours. ;(

Comment

Italy changed overnight rules for getting into the country, now requiring a negative test for everyone no matter their vaccination or recovery status. I was lucky to find one of the very last slots for a test on the 21st in the whole region, hopefully labs won't be so overloaded and they'll deliver the result within the day or the 22nd (the day I'm supposed to go back).
                And Switzerland will be most probably publishing new rules on Friday but apparently it's only about internal rules and now for people getting into the country.

Comment

Got my End of Year Review today. I never feel like I get anything out of these. They want 15 objectives for next year and the wording is all meaningless business/company speak.

Comment

Pulled a splinter out my leg last night i didn’t even know was there. Noticed it sticking out just very slightly as I caught the bath towel on it when drying, caught it with my nail and grabbed a pair of tweezers, eventually got hold of it and as I pulled it just kept coming, eventually it all came slithering out and basically half a tooth pick in size.

I’ve now got a slight dead spot in my thigh as i can only assume it went right through a nerve which was probably why i didn’t notice it go in the first place. I have absolutely no idea how it even got in my leg in the first place as i was in the office all this week doing product shots, not exactly strenuous work.

Comment

How would you even get a splinter that big in you?

Comment

Absolutely no clue how it got there, to top it off it went in blunt end as well, the point was sticking out my leg.

Comment

Ouch. At least you got it out but that doesn’t sound like fun.

Comment

I want FBH on my team in the apocalypse - he's impervious to pain!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Pulled a splinter out my leg last night i didn’t even know was there. Noticed it sticking out just very slightly as I caught the bath towel on it when drying, caught it with my nail and grabbed a pair of tweezers, eventually got hold of it and as I pulled it just kept coming, eventually it all came slithering out and basically half a tooth pick in size.

I’ve now got a slight dead spot in my thigh as i can only assume it went right through a nerve which was probably why i didn’t notice it go in the first place. I have absolutely no idea how it even got in my leg in the first place as i was in the office all this week doing product shots, not exactly strenuous work.
                              Lack of feeling in your leg and feet is not great don't want to be an alarmist but have you though of getting checked over. A friend of mine had a similar issue, he is very active and healthy runs, cycles to work ect but he developed a lack of feeling in his feet. luckily he caught it before it became an issue and its under control now (Diabetes) , but he could of lost limbs if it went untreated.

Comment

No I'm fine, i have full bloods done every 3 months still due to the cancer 2 years ago so it would of been picked up. Feeling is starting to come back to that point in my leg now today and i can now safely say i definitely had a large bit of wood in my leg

Comment

Working...
                                X