No announcement yet.

Celebrity Deaths Thread 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with me is I find my own posts too interesting.

That's why I keep writing shid.

Comment

John Sessions has died aged 67

Comment

RIP, quite a surprise!

Whenever I think of him, like most people I think of this clip of him impersonating the great late Alan Rickman

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          I saw Giant Haystacks wrestle at the same venue in that very same year. I don't think it was too long after that he died.

(Prime disappointment was not seeing Kendo Nagasaki).
          I saw both Haystacks and Kendo Nagasaki at Colne Municipal Hall back in the early 90s. My uncle would take us to see British wrestling every few months.

Haystacks was absolutely massive. Such an intimidating presence.

Speaking of Mayall, we went to see Bottom Live back in 2001 at Blackburn King George's Hall. I knew we'd be in for a funny evening, but what I didn't expect was almost choking on my laughter. It was a bit too much. A constant torrent of almost literal side-splitting humour. One of my friends had to leave the room at one point to take a break from it.

The day after my face was in cramps.

Comment

I saw Bottom Live: Hooligan's Island with our kid back in the early noughties. Rik n' Ade never stopped (they were on nearly four hours, easy). They injured themselves loads, they put their absolute heart, soul and balls into it.

Still really sad to think that Rik's not around anymore.

Comment

Neither is John Sessions;
              Stephen Fry remembers actor and comedian John Sessions as "warm, vulnerable, lovable and loving".

Can't say I was a fan because I didn't see a lot of him, but Stella Street was ace.

Comment

No more 'sessions' for John...

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Speaking of Mayall, we went to see Bottom Live back in 2001 at Blackburn King George's Hall. I knew we'd be in for a funny evening, but what I didn't expect was almost choking on my laughter. It was a bit too much. A constant torrent of almost literal side-splitting humour. One of my friends had to leave the room at one point to take a break from it.

The day after my face was in cramps.
                  I saw the bottom 2 live tour at the Liverpool Empire and just like you my face was so sore from laughing. But it got better! I worked in the games department of HMV at the time (1998) and had to cover the classical department while the classical dude went on lunch. Who should turn up but Rik Mayall. Holly ****, that was magical. He was buying a few highbrow classical discs yet still wanted to know what I thought about the show I'd seen the day before. Awsome guy. Taking the time to speak to a spotty adolescent and pay an interest in his views.
                  Rik was also kind enough to sign a Bottom VHS for me.

Comment

Geoffrey Palmer, first remember him from Butterflies.
                    The prolific actor was best known for starring with Dame Judi Dench in BBC sitcom As Time Goes By.

Comment

Another one which is sad but I thought he went a couple of years ago

Comment

OK I know he wasn't a 'celebrity' but was famous/infamous, Sutcliffe has gone;
                        The death of the killer of 13 women will bring "some closure", says the son of his first victim.

Scumbag.

Comment

Good riddance
                          Id like to say with all the forensics and investigation techniques today, this kind of thing couldn't happen again.

Comment

Yes, it's interesting isn't it. I grew up around all the big stars of the serial killer world. Some would plead insanity when they were caught but oddly enough we don't get them really now.

You would think if they really were insane then they wouldn't give a stuff about DNA tracing and the like and so we would still get them doing their stuff and every year or so another one would be caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                              Yes, it's interesting isn't it. I grew up around all the big stars of the serial killer world. Some would plead insanity when they were caught but oddly enough we don't get them really now.

You would think if they really were insane then they wouldn't give a stuff about DNA tracing and the like and so we would still get them doing their stuff and every year or so another one would be caught.
                              I think they get stamped out before they can start now. Sutcliffe began with violent assaults which quickly escalated to murders. Now, I think he'd be caught and locked up at the assault stage.

Comment

Yep, thinking about it you're spot-on.

Comment

Working...
                                X