Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One annoying thing I’m finding is I’m getting a bit of stick off people I know for not wanting to go out now.

Seems obvious to me that the lockdown has ended about 6 months too early. I’m fortunate in that my work is digital, and I live in a big city so I can get everything I could ever conceivably want dropped off same day, so I’ve had little genuine reason to go out. Nor desire. There’s an effing pandemic on. Seems a lot of folks think it’s all good now though.

*shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Could work in a country that wasn’t bombarded with mixed messages and where people would follow the rules rather than getting in a car to test their eyes. But yeah, as things are right now it’s hard to see a localised lockdown sticking.
      But we're okay, because Cummings announced a cabinet reshuffle at the weekend.

I'm not kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        But we're okay, because Cummings announced a cabinet reshuffle at the weekend.

I'm not kidding.
        It's nice to see the real Prime minister finally taking on some political work. I sleep well at night knowing an unelected, questionable person is running the show.

Comment

Johnson's plan for the UK going forward seems to mostly revolve around pretending Coronavirus is done and reviving the same plan he had before it.

Also, parents will return to being fined if they don't send their kids back to school in September. The expected move for a government doing everything it can to avoid being embarrassed again.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            Also, parents will return to being fined if they don't send their kids back to school in September.
            This is crazy. The UK government has shown (and it is very, very clear in the figures) that it has failed to keep people safe and cannot be trusted to do so. To threaten people with fines if they don't deem school safety procedures to be safe enough for their families is forcing people out to get infected. Well, forcing poor people. As is always the case with fines, it basically means that those rich enough to pay them can do what they like.

Comment

Leicester is getting a 'local lockdown' because of an increase in cases.
              Guarantee this never happens in London.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Leicester is getting a 'local lockdown' because of an increase in cases.
                Guarantee this never happens in London.
                By 'lockdown' they mean delay to the July 4th re-openings. I live on the outskirts, just outside the city council jurisdiction, and come Saturday I expect the village boozers hereabouts to be packed with people busing out of the centre for a pint. In that sense it'll be about as effective as the prefectural 'lockdowns' in Japan were.

Comment

Looks like that's wrong - Boris is going to go all Rambo on Leicester's ass as an example to the rest of the country. Tough break.

It's what comes of living in a small Midland's city which nobody in the government is likely quite sure where it is exactly and who or why anyone lives there so will serve that purpose quite nicely.

Comment

A glass of water would roll its eyes if it could over how transparent the Tories are with their moves.

Comment

I'm ****ing annoyed now. Leicester outbreak is focused on a meat processing plant in the East of the city (not helped as it's in a dense area of multiple occupant/multiple generation terraces). Same as the outbreaks in food processing plants across North Wales. Says something about the hygiene of these places in general, never mind now. And the fact the managers have reopened without proper hygiene/distancing systems in place should see them charged, in my view. Anyway, hope you haven't got a slaughterhouse or food processing joint in your town! As for Leicester, people will be busing a little further out for their pints on Saturday, so look out!

Comment

Frustrating use of language again as Johnson vows to fix the economy fast by spending loads of money 'in the wake' of the virus - the wake, that fingers in the ears la-la-la mentality of ignoring the harsh reality

What do you know? The Leicester schools are closed because kids there have been testing positive. Oh happy September days!...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Johnson vows to fix the economy fast by spending loads of money
                          Except for a country of the size of the UK, it's not loads of money at all. It's very little money. Not even close to the right ballpark of what it would need to be, never mind to qualify as 'loads'.

Comment

The PM is sitting on a dumper truck, with a hi-viz jacket, helmet and a thumbs up! What is wrong with you ninnies? All is well!

Meanwhile, I just saw the boundary line of the Leicester lockdown and I am about 50 yards to the inside on the northwest, and about about 200 yards from several pubs that will be opening on Saturday: https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/co...hire-announced.

Comment

Those village pubs on the fringes must be rubbing their hands together in glee!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                                Those village pubs on the fringes must be rubbing their hands together with alcohol gel in glee!
                                Fixed that for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X