Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, especially ropey when many of the suppliers they use are run by close friends and relatives of the owners so I imagine there's some panic now as they're successful in a market where they're more than replaceable

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      I imagine there's some panic now
      Boohoo.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        Missed that. Thanks. I'd be surprised if it happened. Wouldn't the supermarkets be exempt?
        Hope not, I'll have difficulty spending £500 locally on things I actually need. Outside of the local supermarkets that's more than I've spent in shops within a 5 mile radius of my home in probably the last three years. Occasional DIY purchases, a replacement kettle, the odd cheap used game or gaming hardware from CEX (under £50 total), oh yes and some MS underwear and thermal socks. That will probably be excluded too. I do need a new cafetiere though that is something I was actually looking to buy locally before the lockdown.

It won't happen but in the imagined future where it does whatever the restrictions I'm certainly not turning such a gift horse down.
        Last edited by fallenangle; 06-07-2020, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          What shop do you run now, Colin?
          I jacked it all in and opened a craft beer shop back home in Scotland last year pal. @theccbm on Instagram or Facebook.

Comment

It's worth bearing in mind that (if such a scheme comes to pass), they're not giving you £500, they're just returning £500 of your money back to you - along with specific restrictions on how you spend it.

Comment

WOOO! FREE MONEY!

Comment

I'm going to buy a quad bike!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  It's worth bearing in mind that (if such a scheme comes to pass), they're not giving you £500, they're just returning £500 of your money back to you - along with specific restrictions on how you spend it.
                  No reason not to spend it though, ideally in the way that yields the most benefit to us in a manner that doesn't produce the results the gov't want.

Comment

Buys my PS5, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Buys my PS5, innit?
                      Beat me to it

Comment

Wait a second, didn't Americans get way more than 500? What do they think we are, savages?

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                          Wait a second, didn't Americans get way more than 500? What do they think we are, savages?

There's was a cheque (check) for $1200 to help them pay rent / survive because there's no furlough scheme or anything in 'Mureca.

This is a targeted voucher to help kickstart the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            Beat me to it
                            Don't worry, he'll have it for sale on the forum a day later.

Comment

Coronavirus slaughtered your loved ones and friends and relatives who live or work in care homes over the last few months?

It's their own fault innit? Says Johnson

Comment

The only places I can spend money within 5 miles is the petrol station or a restaurant where 500 would last about 3 meals for one person.

Comment

Working...
                                X