Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wear a mask if you go out!! It isn't difficult. Whether you believe it works or not don't be a wally and potentially risk your / other people's health.

Or is that too circle-jerkingly self righteous?!

Comment

Please wear a mask when you go out in public. It is not about "masks stop you from getting it", more of "masks stop you from spreading it when you don't know you have it". The decrease, however small, in your chances of catching it when you wear a mask to protect yourself from droplets in the air is a bonus.

If we only act in our own self-interest, we might just as well go all Mad Max.

WITNESS ME...WEARING A MASK!!

edit: my place later, bring the wet wipes with you tedster

Comment

We're in a weird situation, socially. The mask-wearing is a strange example, because wearing a mask does very little to protect you, but everyone wearing masks does a lot for everyone to protect each other. So it's kinda resulted in this scenario where we're generally quite a free and open society (in the grand scheme of things) but for this particular thing, this one time, we have to just force everyone to do it because people won't do it themselves.

And while people can say they have "a differing point of view", that doesn't really cut it when we're in this particular situation.

Like you might believe it's unproven that masks can work. You might believe that. Can't you just shut the **** up and wear one anyway? Can you make that sacrifice? It's very little hardship. What are you afraid of? Looking silly?

It sounds daft but if more of the anti-mask people campaigned while wearing masks, I would probably believe them a bit more. Instead, it's all "can you be absolutely sure before I wear one? I don't want to wear one, so can you PROVE it first?"

Can't you just do it, and we'll figure out the details later?

This once, can't you just do what you're told, for the potential benefit of others?

It's not the slippery slope to a dictatorship. If you wear the mask, the world isn't going to turn into The Hunger Games in a week. It's just a mask.
        Last edited by Asura; 27-07-2020, 13:14.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post

If we only act in our own self-interest, we might just as well go all Mad Max.
          In this situation it's more likely to be Crabby Karen.

Oh, Karen.
          Last edited by teddymeow; 27-07-2020, 13:26.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                We're in a weird situation, socially. The mask-wearing is a strange example, because wearing a mask does very little to protect you, but everyone wearing masks does a lot for everyone to protect each other. So it's kinda resulted in this scenario where we're generally quite a free and open society (in the grand scheme of things) but for this particular thing, this one time, we have to just force everyone to do it because people won't do it themselves.

And while people can say they have "a differing point of view", that doesn't really cut it when we're in this particular situation.

Like you might believe it's unproven that masks can work. You might believe that. Can't you just shut the **** up and wear one anyway? Can you make that sacrifice? It's very little hardship. What are you afraid of? Looking silly?

It sounds daft but if more of the anti-mask people campaigned while wearing masks, I would probably believe them a bit more. Instead, it's all "can you be absolutely sure before I wear one? I don't want to wear one, so can you PROVE it first?"

Can't you just do it, and we'll figure out the details later?

This once, can't you just do what you're told, for the potential benefit of others?

It's not the slippery slope to a dictatorship. If you wear the mask, the world isn't going to turn into The Hunger Games in a week. It's just a mask.
                English people can’t be trusted to do what their told in absolute shock of the century.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                  I will not swallow the big lie just because of the social pressures to do so.

"Yet, Freedom!, yet thy banner, torn, but flying, streams like the thunder-storm against the wind"
                  LOL your one of those people that's been sitting on the floors of supermarkets in protest.

Comment

I find it extraordinary people believe masks do not help.

Why do we bother covering our mouth and nose when sneezing then? Oh yeah, so we don't sneeze all over the place.

Anything that works as a blocker or sorts will help. If everyone is wearing those blockers, it will help.

Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                      I don't post here all that often but when did this place become so hivemind and unpleasant / unaccepting / even slightly aggressive of those with differing views?

I mean, there's always been a small inner circle jerk of self righteous perfect peeps (who will blow you when you agree with them and blow you off when you don't), as well as a couple of very prolific tuppence worth posters, but yeah, not the place or vibe that drew me in back in 2004.

Or maybe I've just chilled out too far in the last few years, but the constant harping, niggling etc, most of you are far better than that. Most...
                      Class! I’ve love to see who fits into which category.

Comment

I’m hivemind but pleasant. Circle jerky and perfect. Will blow regularly. Also chilled but definitely not better than that.

Comment

I agree with Dogg fairly regularly and he hasn’t blown me once.

I’m a little bit teed off about it to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            I agree with Dogg fairly regularly and he hasn’t blown me once.

I’m a little bit teed off about it to be honest.
                            You do live quite far apart though. And I bet you've never bought him so much as a Boot's meal deal, let alone dinner.

Comment

It can't be a circle jerk as you would need an infinite number of people, otherwise it would just be some regular polygon.
                              n-sided polygonal jerk sounds more like it's describing some Karen who won't wear a mask for some randomly nonsensical reason.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X