This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
    Really, Charles, that's not helping at all! It's very difficult even to find a plane nowadays!
    How about cliff diving into water? Might get lucky and discover a knack for it and become an internet sensation.

The financial situation is worrying. I was supposed to have the charge on my house set up by now so that even if it gets repossessed if my ex can't pay the bills, I would get my share first before the bank, but Santander turned round and said no charges at the moment....

Comment

UK: Keep Ca*cough*lm and Carry O*cough, urgh, wretch*n

Comment

They found Theresa's missing magic money tree!

Comment

If Trump goes ahead with his plan to give each US citizen $1000 a month for the duration of the crisis what are the chances his BFF Boris will do the same here?

Comment

Next to sweet FA the Tories only help the rich and themselves.

Comment

I could imagine the British government dishing out £1000/month to all citizens who want it, but it'd be in the form of a loan with a four-figure APR.

Comment

People really expect the useless uk government to implement UBI to help anyone?

They will happily let all businesses sink who can’t survive on their own, there never going to bother, or could even, organise UBI.

Sad but true.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 19-03-2020, 19:28.

Comment

Boris says the UK will turn the tide against the virus!

In about 12 weeks time.

Which even that feels overly optimistic.

Meanwhile, at the end of the month China has announced plans to trial the reopening of cinemas

Comment

Yeah, that seems optimistic especially given he’s about a week or two behind the rest of the world because of starting with ‘take it on the chin’ and moving through ‘herd immunity’ nonsense before finally edging closer to WHO recommendations.

Comment

What's exponential growth for 12 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        What's exponential growth for 12 weeks?
                        At the current rate of growth you don't need to get to week 12. By day 60 from today, infections would be at 1,665,815,314 which is obviously more people than the UK holds. At current growth, everyone would be infected by day 46.

Comment

The FT analyses the scale of outbreaks and tracks the vaccine rollouts around the world

Italy becomes the country with the highest amount of deaths
                          Whilst the UK continues to build a higher mortality rate than Italy

Comment

Is there an explanation for the UK’s high mortality rate?

Comment

Far as I'm aware it'll likely just be down to how the UK government is doing so little to detect cases meaning by the time you're identified you're already snookered if you have pre-existing health concerns. They seem very focused on the timing of the virus and to ahve no care about the body count.

Comment

Working...
                              X