Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to wonder if there were other factors, such as maybe you have a far higher percentage of old people, for example? As I noted before, it did strike me that one whole part of the UK’s five point plan was about dealing with the bodies whereas, here, our plans have all been about keeping people alive but different countries have different demographics so I was curious if there are other factors here. As it is, the UK seems to have a great health system that hasn’t been overwhelmed yet.

Comment

Quick question about key workers and kids/schools. Do both parents need to be key workers or just one?

I’ve looked around, and I can’t seem to find a definitive answer.

Comment

I can't help but feel the press shouldn't be giving air time to people advocating going out to bars and gyms.

That Wetherspoons knob, Tim Martin, is on Radio 4 this morning advocating going to his pub.
        Presumably so this doesn't damage his wallet, whilst also refusing his own staff sick pay, so they're coming in if they feel ill.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
          Quick question about key workers and kids/schools. Do both parents need to be key workers or just one?

I’ve looked around, and I can’t seem to find a definitive answer.
          According to the news on the radio this morning it just has to be one of the parents to qualify

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            According to the news on the radio this morning it just has to be one of the parents to qualify
            Thanks dude.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I can't help but feel the press shouldn't be giving air time to people advocating going out to bars and gyms.

That Wetherspoons knob, Tim Martin, is on Radio 4 this morning advocating going to his pub.
              Presumably so this doesn't damage his wallet, whilst also refusing his own staff sick pay, so they're coming in if they feel ill.

Tim Martin is one of those people who's needed a swift kick in the nut sack for some time

Comment

Over 500 experts including academics and public figures have called on MPs to introduce Universal Basic Income during the current crisis. 150 MPs have also submitted a signed letter to the Chancellor calling on him to introduce the payments.

Comment

Tim Martin is advocating keeping pubs open but with social distancing measures.

lol.

What an absolute see you next Tuesday.

Comment

^ I read some wag saying it's probably safe as coronavirus could never survive on a Wetherspoons carpet.

Comment

It's a good general rule to socially distance yourself from Wetherspoons by not going in there in the first place.

Comment

Why is everyone calling this twat Churchil 2.0? There would be riots if this idiot was left to his own devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                          Why is everyone calling this twat Churchil 2.0? There would be riots if this idiot was left to his own devices.
                          Maybe something to do with being a failure in his previous cabinet post and the residents of the area that elected him MP not seeing him there very often? Can’t be for his oratorial and leadership skills.

Comment

I'm still seeing anti-Corbyn joke memes from all the usual people and how great Johnson is doing. "He looks really tired - must be very difficult for him - he's doing the best he can in a bad situation"

I keep wanting to suggest that the woefully underfunded NHS is the bad situation his party has created, but it's just not worth it. He can't put a step wrong in their eyes.

Comment

I just see all this as even more blatant evidence that Johnson isn't actually doing much at all and that I'd genuinely question if he's actually in charge at all or just a public face for those he owes debts to that are actually pulling the strings.

German chancellor in self-isolation after her doctor tests positive for coronavirus; reports say 360 more people have died in Italy; first two cases in Gaza. This blog is now closed.

Primark shut tomorrow and McDonald's is closing all takeaway and drive thru business which I expect will roll out throughout next week making food even harder to source for some.

Meanwhile the youngest death in the country is now 18yrs old, underlying conditions were also involved still.

Comment

Working...
                              X