Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same with the Y2K stuff - the thing that didn't cause problems because us IT folks spent 9 months fixing the issues before they happened (and yes, if things hadn't been fixed it would have caused *ALOT* of problems).

Comment

Hmmm...

A vast majority of smartphone owners must install the app, if it is to end the coronavirus epidemic.

Whilst I've got to say that I appreciate that in theory, this might work - I'd literally have to be forced to use it, and I would oppose that. I'm sorry but I disagree with having this level of tracking by a government agency.

Comment

I think you'd have to be a bit of a mug to think that the security agencies haven't already been doing this long before COVID-19 cropped up. If you have a phone with you, they know where you are.

Comment

My main problem with it is that I can't see how it would work on a technical level - I'm fairly sure Bluetooth can't detect a signal distance and GPS is within something like 5-10 metres as far as I knew. I seem to recall it was technically possible to make it within 10cm but they deliberately set it like that so it couldn't be used for bombings and what-not.

Comment

Officially extended a further 3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              Officially extended a further 3 weeks
              And then a journalist asks "when will lockdown be over?"

FFS!!

Comment

I might go on a journalism course and become a journalist.

Comment

Ok I’ve done it. Was easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    Ok I’ve done it. Was easy.
                    When's lockdown over? Can you ask for me?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

FFS!!
                      Had to laugh at Sopel's piece on the Beeb site the other day;
                      Donald Trump is clearly aggrieved that the media has been critical of his handling of the pandemic.

The line about 'One of the reporters quoted in the film would complain immediately afterwards that her words had been taken out of context.'

...pot...kettle...

Comment

People down my street clapping. Who are you clapping at?? No one working for the NHS can see you, we are nowhere near a hospital. You are just clapping at other people clapping.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

FFS!!
                          That's because the journy's have been told by their employers to go easy on these ass wipes, no difficult questions or hassling them about PPE or facts that Tory papers fail to actually report

Comment

People down my street clapping. Who are you clapping at?? No one working for the NHS can see you, we are nowhere near a hospital. You are just clapping at other people clapping.
                            As much as the spontenaity of the event has been lost there will likely be some NHS staff living nearby who aren't on shift or are day staff who'll be home at that time of night.

Comment

They were out in force down my way, the clappers, fireworks an' all, car horns a-blasting! And in December they were cock-a-hoop after voting in the Tories again.

Comment

Raab adds to the extension by saying the lockdown could last into June

Comment

Working...
                                X