This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    Apparently they're aiming for kids to go back to school from 01 June. Good luck getting everyone to use their kids as guinea pigs
    Quebec, the most infected and dying part of Canada, was talking about sending kids back to school.
    Alberta is out for the rest of the school year, but now they are talking about starting the school year EARLY.

Comment

Daily tests fall to 76,496 two days after 100,000 target met.

Comment

Seeing videos of protests against the lockdown. These people, yelling about how it's the 5G towers, how it's about radiation poisoning ("the symptoms are the same"), about how it's infringing on their rights...

I don't really know what to say. Like I'm sympathetic that the lockdown situation is a bit of a kick in the pants, but the conspiracy theory stuff really worries me because years ago, you'd just think these were a few wildcat idiots, but they have the backing of communities on social media of people who actually believe this crap.

Ultimately the bit which has worried me the most are the "protesters" in the US who are marching while fully kitted-out in assault weaponry and body armour. I keep seeing pictures of them from various states. The police don't approach them because they know these people want to turn this into some kind of civil war (of the type that only exists in their head), but really, we all know that a protestor doesn't need to get kitted out for war. Sooner or later one of these groups is going to start shooting, and I can't help but feel a lot of innocent people are going to end up dead before they stop.

Comment

Gun deaths don’t seem to bother America too much or surely they would have done something about it by now?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Daily tests fall to 76,496 two days after 100,000 target met.
            Fake met.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              Gun deaths don’t seem to bother America too much or surely they would have done something about it by now?
              That’s completely different, because constitution and rights and stuff.

Comment

Jack up prices to reduce numbers on public transport. Yeah, because of course ripping off the public is the solution

Comment

This sort of thinking rubs me up the wrong way because it always amounts to one thing - punish the poorest people.

Comment

How about you convince workplaces to support more flexible working hours before you even think about starting to punish people already forced into the dismal conditions that make up rush hour commuting, you rotten gits? I can assure you no-one is travelling in those conditions out of their own choice.

Comment

Haha, yeah that should really cut down the numbers. As if people on public transport during rush hour are there out of choice rather than necessity.

Comment

It's an excuse to rip people off. We will see alot more of this when lockdown ends. Shops, transport, council taxes. They'll call it 'post lockdown recovery' and pretend it's short term but we all know the truth.

Comment

Only one thing can save mankind now... Austerity!

Comment

UK government 'using pandemic to transfer NHS duties to private sector

In recent weeks, ministers have used special powers to bypass normal tendering and award a string of contracts to private companies and management consultants without open competition. A letter from the Department of Health to NHS trusts instructing them to stop buying any of their own PPE and ventilators. From Monday, procurement of a list of 16 items must be handled centrally.
                            sneaky, sneaky. handing PPE purchasing for the NHS to a company that's already screwed up! super smart.

Also now is not the time to start pissing about with supply chains not with the current shortages, the logistic of one company handling all PPE Purchasing for the NHS is a Disaster waiting to happen.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 05-05-2020, 14:41.

Comment

... But the claps and rainbows...

Comment

The Tories being slimy? Never! It’s another screw up.

It’s a convenient little storm for them to privatise as quickly as possible, for ideological reasons. Just like the refusal to introduce basic income for this period. Instead of this caveat-filled complicated shambles, they could have guaranteed everyone a base income. Why didn’t they do it? Because it might have worked, that’s why...

Keep profit out. It’s not a difficult concept, and I've yet to see a good argument for the privatisation of any infrastructure service.

Comment

Working...
                                X