Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An incredible new low from The Daily Fail.

Headline: Magnificent staff across the nation are desperate to help millions of children get back to the classroom - but militant unions are standing in their way. To them, The Mail implores... LET OUR TEACHERS BE HEROES.

Disgracefully divisive, duplicitous stuff. No teacher I know relishes the thought of getting sent into a moshpit of potential infection. They closed schools for a reason. A study showed that it was the most effective way of slowing rates. They’re a cauldron of snots and illness at the best of times. Zero PPE is being provided, and suddenly, when it’s pointed out that social distancing rules aren’t possible, they are deemed redundant anyway. Only in schools though, not the rest of society. Not enough is known to say that children are safe from mutations. Regardless, it can still be transferred on surfaces for a considerable time.

The unions are simply trying to protect their lives of their membership. How dare this right wing arserag try to guilt people into risking their lives for the sake of a few weeks. When the first adult - or child - is wheeled out to an ambulance, will the Fail care? Will it hell. Every time they want to have a pop at teachers they wheel out that useless knacker Blunkett. What a desperate bellend he is. Who the hell wants to be a ‘hero’ for teaching for a few weeks, if colleagues start to go home and infect their families?

A newspaper not even good enough to line a cat litter tray.

Comment

We would feel like babysitters, not heroes. Because that's all the job is going to be going into next year, at the very least. A lot of pupils are going to be kept home for months even when we reopen. Social distancing will be impossible but at some point we need to do something because this is going to have a massive impact on the progress of all current pupils.

The other night, Jenny gave a good answer for the reasons behind reception and year 1 pupils being the first back. It was about development and the impact staying home will have on the child for the rest of their education, and thinking 16 years down the line. She isn't wrong. The formative years REALLY matter. GCSE grades are predicted fairly accurately when a child is 7. I have no doubt you guys are doing your bit with home schooling but the fact is millions of parents are doing absolutely nothing.

Here's a transcript. It was an answer to a media question it is a shame that the initial spokepeople like Boris can't be this clear in the first place. It's like this was all said in a briefing earlier in the day then fed through a moron box so that it comes out as YOUR KIDS NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL ECONOMY!
      Last edited by cutmymilk; 15-05-2020, 06:29.

Comment

I’ve read the Fail article four times.

Zero mentions of a row. No detail, no quotes.

Lies.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
          I’ve read the Fail sharticle four times.

Zero mentions of a row. No detail, no quotes.

Lies.
          Fixed that for you. Everything that comes out of that rag is effluent.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            The Daily Fail...

A newspaper not even good enough to line a cat litter tray.
            I tried wiping my arse with it but it called me a Paki

Comment

They’re filth. That headline is pure filth.

Comment

The Daily Hate is still one of the biggest selling papers too. This country is stupid.

Comment

NHS staff have been told not to post or talk about the lack of PPE. So that's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    The Daily Hate is still one of the biggest selling papers too.
                    And as a result of that, it is on every newstand, seen every day during non-covid times. So even those who don't buy it can't escape its constant toxic messaging every single day from a very young age.

Comment

True. They inspired the country to vote for Boris and look where we are now. Even getting it himself hasn't loosened the shackles around his neck. England is definitely run by business. Luckily us Welsh aren't any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        Luckily us Welsh aren't any longer.
                        Wait, you guys exterminated the Welsh?!

Comment

From the same newspaper, yesterday:

KAWASAKI-LIKE VIRUS AFFECTING CHILDREN IS CAUSED BY THE CORONAVIRUS.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            We would feel like babysitters, not heroes. Because that's all the job is going to be going into next year, at the very least. A lot of pupils are going to be kept home for months even when we reopen. Social distancing will be impossible but at some point we need to do something because this is going to have a massive impact on the progress of all current pupils.

The other night, Jenny gave a good answer for the reasons behind reception and year 1 pupils being the first back. It was about development and the impact staying home will have on the child for the rest of their education, and thinking 16 years down the line. She isn't wrong. The formative years REALLY matter. GCSE grades are predicted fairly accurately when a child is 7. I have no doubt you guys are doing your bit with home schooling but the fact is millions of parents are doing absolutely nothing.
                            Me and the daughter were walking in the park yesterday talking about returning to school as objectively as we could, in the end with both came down on the side that year 10's should be in first.

Comment

They should be, but if you have a child in year 10 don't worry. It's the same for them all (in fact you could gain a massive advantage by buying some study guides) and the topics for each subject will probably be cut back. It is near impossible to teach a full course properly at this point, so that's what I think will happen.

Comment

Thanks, they are getting some work but not enough. They take their RE this year so a predicted grade for that which makes more time for other subjects next year.
                                The school/Education Authority are apparently mulling what you say in that they will cut down the topics, or even give a predicted grade for some subjects which frees up time for other subjects where you simply have to do all the coursework.
                                Examples being the sciences, you can't really miss anything out because once you go into 6th form you'll be expected to have touched on those categories you've missed.
                                Daughter is doing all three (not combined) and she'll probably be taking chemistry/physics at university so that's where she has to concentrate. History she can drop and get a predicted, it's a subject about remembering events not process so if you miss learning about Anne Boleyn that doesn't matter if you are doing about WWII in 6th form. Same with her art, though for those students who want to go further say into clothes design or history as I just mentioned it's probably better you stick with those if you are going further in them as a carrer.

Basically as I've said she really wants to get back to school and start learning.

Went our for a bike ride into the park an hour ago and there were plenty of youngsters in there wandering around in packs that sadly don't share our daughter's work ethic.

Comment

Working...
                                X