Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's far too early for a government as incompetent as ours. They won't have control of this by August.

Layoffs are coming for sure.

Comment

Proving that the Tories incompetence even includes not listening to their own advice:

Government Scientist advisors have warned that only half of those with symptoms of the virus self-isolate

Whilst another SAGE advisor has warned that the UK infection rate is still too high to lift the lockdown

UK enjoys its third day in a row of deaths being up in the 3-400 region

Comment

Other countries are struggling to reopen with deaths in double digits.

Comment

We’re going to have a second wave that makes 47,000 deaths seem a relatively trivial number in comparison. I can see it now. No one out is doing social distancing any more, except in a token way when supermarkets and other chain businesses semi-enforce it. We’re not even having masks enforced anywhere in public places, or anything small like that. It’s going to be horrendous. And it’s being deliberately engineering by people whose ideologically social Darwinism and survival-of-the-fittest.

Comment

Enforced wearing of masks or anything like that is actually just window dressing that politicians go to trying to appear they're actually doing something positive. Our glorious London leader Sadiq Khan who suggested this for all those traveling on London Transport is a prime example.

The facts are that even the doctors can not agree whether masking wearing in public spaces, enclosed or not has any effect on the spread of the infection or not.

In a medical sterile environment like an OR yes, of course, they're essential but otherwise most doctors and medical qualified people have known for years they're more trouble than they're worth becoming a more likely source of infection than any cough or sneezing dispersal mitigation they might provide.

That is still just opinion but qualified opinion; when you've been told this, as I was over twenty years ago by a senior doctor in an ITC unit where my father was being treated and two close relatives, one a dentist and the other a radiologist who worked in hospitals for most of her life, who do you listen too? Them or some grandstanding politician or other commentator?
            Last edited by fallenangle; 30-05-2020, 15:15.

Comment

Ach I don’t know, I’m not a doctor so I can’t answer these questions. Maybe we should all just walk about not wearing masks, whilst there’s a global pandemic and virus that can be transmitted through droplets, let’s all breathe on each other’s faces and see what happens.
              Wait a sec, we already have the results of that test.

IF YOU’RE GOING OUT, BE CONSIDERATE AND WEAR A ****ING MASK.

Comment

Here's the science bit ....

Comment

I only wear a mask when I'm around people aka when I go shopping and there is more than 2 people in that shop.

Been to the local beach recently and only stopping well away from others, bringing masks with us if its getting busy so we can leave. Still hardly gone out throughout this whole thing even when I'm allowed to but just not worth the risk, I did enjoy a random dip in the sea the other day though. My mum kicked off saying I would catch it in the sea, I said I was more likely to be in contact with fish pee but more likely to catch it picking up stuff from the supermarket than taking a dip...probably.

Heard LOADs of people enter our flat building earlier, can't trust the door handles anymore when leaving now.

Comment

Johnson's daily briefing tomorrow:

Comment

The good news is, according to Matt Hancock, that we have horse racing back on Monday.

Because, priorities.

Meanwhile in Dorset ... https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...door-incident/

image hosting no registration

Good luck track and tracing that lot.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 30-05-2020, 17:56.

Comment

Senior social care leaders are calling on the lockdown to be lifted on care homes as they say it's resulting in deaths due to the effects on mental health.

Damned if you, damned if you don't here. Lift the lockdown and they can enjoy visitors again but it might as well be for families to say their goodbyes before the virus decimates the patients.

Comment

A new poll has shown that more than half of Tories still want Cummings to be sacked, two thirds of voters want the same, 81% believe he broke the rules and that the Tories huge lead on Labour has already collapsed to just four points now from being twenty six points ahead two months ago.

Comment

Lockdown is over in NW London if the at least three parties/barbecues I've heard going on this evening are anything to go by.

They've all shutdown now ie. before midnight - don't want it to be too obvious I guess.

That photo of the beach scene in Dorset is bizarre - a few idiots seriously injure themselves jumping into the sea off 200' cliffs (who'd have thought it). Police reaction is effectively to kettle the entire beach putting I'd guess 300+ peoples' health at risk. Outstanding irony.

As if on queue ex-Chancellor Norman Lamont (I thought he was long dead) decided to get his name in the papers by expressing his own opinion on mask wearing suggesting that if the social distancing was reduced to 6' or down to 1m it would make office interaction safer.

I despair - future generations are going to look back on these mad months and think some of what we've done and been asked to do is as absurd as medieval quacks and churchmen thinking they could ward off the black death with pomanders, pot-puree and holy water.

Comment

They had to do that, so two helicopters could land for the morons. The whole scene is a disgrace.

Comment

Sounds like the gov all need a good trepanning followed by blood letting, then some leaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X