• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s time to go digital Dogg!

More hygienic, too.

Comment

I like to lick the carts.

Comment

You don't get a quality Nook keyring and sticker-set with digital. These things matter.

Comment

Sorry Gizze and FBH to hear about the business issues. Is there a government plan to support guys like you?

This doesn't look great:

My wife has a customer facing role and is likely to lose her job over the coming weeks.
          Last edited by Zaki; 19-03-2020, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            Sorry Gizze and FBH to hear about the business issues. Is there a government plan to support guys like you?

This doesn't look great:

My wife has a customer facing role and is likely to lose her job over the coming weeks.

I'm actually having a ridiculously busy last few weeks so everyone being bored at home is only paying dividends for me as they are ordering stuff all the time, however as i said to Gizze, if the gov just wholesale shut everything down for a month country wide (worst case?) with no income at all, then even in my great position i'm in serious trouble, as will everyone else be.

My suppliers wont be stopped in delivering, so i can still manufacture, the carriers wont be shutting so ill still be able to deliver.

At this rate a few rival companies will be wiped out as well which will only benefit me short and long term.

Comment

WFH now. Luckily I can. Daughter works for costa. Luckily they’ve promised to keep her hours. Switched to drive through only, no reusable cups and no costa loyalty cards being moved about. Fairly decent response really I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Whats an irc2? Is it like dial up? 😁
                Click chat at the top of the desktop site

Comment

Feeling for all who are suffering through this, and by that, I realise I mean everyone.

I remember we've had a 'living through history' thread before, and I had a good old ponder about it at the time and really struggled come up with anything. Already, this feels like the most significant world event that's happened in my lifetime. A lot of people are going to witness tragic deaths first hand, businesses and entire economies are going to crumble, people are going to lose jobs on an alarming scale. It is very hard to believe that the world will remain the same in response to this, and I will be the first to put my hands up and say I find the whole thing terrifying.

It's come at a particularly chaotic time personally, and although we stand to lose a lot I know we are still in a very fortunate position compared to most. Although my company's now closed up all of our offices, I got ahead of things and am now toward the end of my second week working from home and generally trying to avoid contact with the outside. I'm very much in the 'at risk' category and have no confidence in my body's ability to deal with it if I do catch it.

Comment

We’ve been told that any kind of financial help from the government for businesses during the corona will have to be secured on your mortgage , which really isn’t very reassuring to say the least

Comment

Nipping to Asda in the morning, tomorrow is shopping day and popping in after work today was sobering. Panic buying has firmly devastated nearly every isle now and so we'll grab some bits before work to make sure... well, that our kids don't starve.

Comment

Morrisons was wiped out today as well.

All veg & fruit.
                        All meat.
                        All bread.
                        All toilet rolls and tissues.
                        All rice & pasta.
                        All frozen foods (everything).

Ive never seen anything like it.

Comment

There's got to be a point where stockpilers run out of storage room surely?

Comment

Yeah, like it’s not really a stockpile of you go back to do it again so it feels like that has to end, right?

Comment

I don't get why people are stockpiling fresh meat and veg. Surely it's going to go bad before they get round to eating it?!

Comment

Easy to see why rationing was needed in the war. The greedy bastards would have brought the country to its knees by 1940.

Comment

Working...
                                X