No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not infected but now know of someone who has died from it... My sister in law's mother passed on Sunday.

All I can say is she'd been struggling mentally the past few years, in and out of nursing homes. This time she contracted this whilst in a nursing home and didn't come out.

Part of me feels it was a blessing but believe the news about nursing homes. She wasn't the only one who contracted it and I hear more from that hunt are not looking good.

Comment

Half the few deaths here are in nursing homes.
      Half the spread is caused by people praying together for ****s sake.

Comment

Surely their deity of choice will protect them?

Comment

Nah, the deity made the virus... you know.. as part of... a greater plan. Or something

Comment

Those thoughts and prayers don’t grow on trees, you know.

Comment

**** it....

Comment

I thought I was reading The Onion for a second.

Comment

Common Sense is Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    Common Sense is Dead
                    It's not common.

Comment

FFS this is why I feel a lot of people who clap need a slap.

Comment

If you want to show your appreciation, then stay the **** home and don't spread it and overwhelm NHS and care workers

Comment

I've been doing the clap last couple of weeks, would prefer not to but got asked by one of the neighbours, both sides are elderly and all have had plenty of NHS experience, plenty on both sides of our road have been out and shouting hello's at each other, lots of beeps on horns including ambulances so I suppose it's not such a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                            I've been doing the clap last couple of weeks, would prefer not to but got asked by one of the neighbours, both sides are elderly and all have had plenty of NHS experience, plenty on both sides of our road have been out and shouting hello's at each other, lots of beeps on horns including ambulances so I suppose it's not such a bad thing.
                            It wouldn't be if that was the sole reason for it - but the more insidious side of it is that of building social consensus in order to boost compliance of the lockdown, you know, because we're all in it together which you're displaying by clapping at air every Thursday
                            Last edited by MartyG; 17-04-2020, 16:26.

Comment

TA and Paulos G got the clap!

Comment

And a light round of applause *chortle*

Comment

Working...
                                X