CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    What part of my post are you interpreting as hysterical, JF? Or that this actor is fat and sedentary (hint - he’s not and, as you would know, active fit people can get DVT too)?
    I wasn't having a pop at you, DT, I was sharing my experience, I think you misconstrued my post as a personal attack. But no matter. And the use of the word 'actor'. Hmmmmmm. Not quite true. That's not what I'm saying.

I'm just talking about my years of experience moving folks with DVT. Years. And years. The truth is they're *usually* chubby and/or older. And I didn't say younger, fitter people couldn't get it so don't lie. It's annoying. Yes.

I'm saying let's be conscious of overthinking new 'symptoms' and not create even more terror. But it seems most want to stay terrified.

Anyway, I'll be sticking to the more gamey bits of this forum (kinda why I joined in the first place, really) as I can't be fuggin arsed wi all this shoit in here. Not worth it mate.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      I wasn't having a pop at you, DT, I was sharing my experience, I think you misconstrued my post as a personal attack. But no matter. And the use of the word 'actor'. Hmmmmmm. Not quite true. That's not what I'm saying.
      Then I'm not sure you read the post you quoted in full, which was very clearly about a specific theatre actor (this guy - https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/19/e...rnd/index.html). That was the context of the post. Maybe it was a 5.30am thing but I'm not sure you landed the tone you were aiming for.

Comment

You're probably right so I'm sorry. Anyway, given your username I've always considered you tall and skinny like Snoop, not portly, so seriously don't take it as a jab. It's just...what I see when I work.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue, all I can say is I work at a huge hospital in the middle of a big city and it is NOWHERE near as bad as many seem to be making it out to be.

I just hate it when peeps worry too much and can't scratch that itch. Crazy stuff happens. I've seen it loads.

Comment

In my head DT absolutely looks like his avatar

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            all I can say is I work at a huge hospital in the middle of a big city and it is NOWHERE near as bad as many seem to be making it out to be. .
            Well from someone in the thick of it, this is good to hear.

And of course I look EXACTLY like my avatar.

Comment

That's it! I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just let's not dig our own graves yet!!!

I like you dude, don't think I was being mean, I'm just wanting to hopefully try and calm peeps a little bit. Obviously, if it gets worse I'll let you know about that, too.

But, so far, fingers crossed, we had two 'hot' ICU wards downgrade to 'cold' on Tuesday. That's good, btw!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                Nope likely it , burning up last night and now my lungs feels bad like smoked a load of cigarettes and doing much makes me out of breathe. Will not know 100 percent unless i get tested but would not do that unless my symptoms got worse
                I hope if you do have it, the issues are not too serious.

Comment

Really hope you are ok eastyy, keep hydrated and get well soon!

Got the info packet today on what to expect when going back to work. Surgical scrubs and shoe/ hair covers and protocol in using our room for emergencies is insane (but not overboard given the circumstances.) Have to work and clean 2 surgeries one after the other, if spray/ aerosol is present we have to leave the room for an hour until we can re- clean the room.

Still very limited in what we can do. Went to eye hospital today for an appointment which had an interesting protocol; basically a guy questioning us, making us gel our hands, wear mask and took our temperature with that forehead gadget thing before sat in the middle of an empty waiting room. Noticed they weren’t immediately cleaning door handles/ seats which we have to clean like flies on poop.

Back to work on Wednesday for definite as long as I don’t have to cover any abcences.

Comment

I think I've reached the point now where everyone I know who may have had it is past it now one way or another.

For now

Comment

We're all past it. Let's be happy. Let's try and be happy.

Let's be Bobby McFerrin.

Comment

The constant 2-3 week extension approach is a pain so I asked today at work whether they feel home working will be a long term approach and they suggested that they plan to keep it in place for most of the year at least. Bonus!

Comment

Not looking forward to a second big wave and another full lock down because people can’t behave themselves. Oh well. Ill just keep permanently isolated all year.

Comment

Best way, there's bound to be a third wave too

Comment

“I seriously think that people have given up on corona. They haven’t seen people dying in the streets so it can’t be that bad. And I bet that that is giving us wave 2 pretty soon which will be muuuuch worse.”

Got this in a work email today, we’ve both noticed social behaviour has gone back to pre-lockdown for most of the local public. I also think this is exactly what’s going to happen.

Comment

I know plenty of people that are still being super careful even though we are all gagging to get back to normal. But roads are back to 50% instead of empty and people ate no longer trying to avoid me as much on single lane roads while walking the dog. Mostly old people who seem to not give a ****, even though we are doing it to protect them!

Comment

Working...
                                X