Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely certain I've had it.

Comment

I'm getting tested, courtesy of work, probably next week. I'm really hoping I've had it so I can go and visit my family. From a safe distance of course.

Comment

Is that what the test means?i think you might be making up rules there! As workplaces open, it is crazy that we still can't see family. Jenny Harries says it's because some families are massive. Well then, just say meet up with a max 4 people in a household.

Comment

We're not meeting any family, no change in situation means no change in action.

It's like the work changes, it's a meaningless metric. Saying to people they can meet up with family basically greenlights one household to to meet up with around 6 or more others. Those households have different familial connections due to marriage etc so they meet up with 3 or 4 you don't who in turn meet up with 3 or 4 and so on. It's one sprawling immediate, unpoliced daisy chain of viral infection amongst groups of people most likely to break social distancing rules.

Maybe when the Tories have added another 30,000 bodies to the pile of the dead they'll begin to think of ideas where they get their heads around the real situation - there's no going back.

Comment

Work call on Wednesday basically said that as long as the government are paying all furlough we won't be going back in.

So I guess I'm off until at least end of July? Don't mind really. As much as my job is part of my identity I don't mind being paid to decorate my house and take the wife to the upcoming hospital appointments.

Comment

I'm struggling to understand the logic of pretty much anything going on right now whether in the UK or in a whole bunch of other countries. The number of infected and the death rate seems way, way higher now than when the lockdown was introduced in the first place. There still seems to be a huge amount of unknowns in the virus itself and not a lot of definitive answers other than it's clearly not something we want to get. It really feels like a willingness to sacrifice people for the economy, to keep rich people rich.

Related: Slovenia has declared an end to their pandemic... which is nice for them except now they say that people can travel to Slovenia from the EU without quarantine. Do they actively want it back?!
              Last edited by Dogg Thang; 15-05-2020, 10:34.

Comment

There is no logic to just opening everything up as it will lead to a further impact on the economy, just as it did with the 1918 pandemic, if restrictions are lifted too soon: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ifted-n1191141

I don't see the floodgates being flung open in the UK, but even with the small restriction changes, I'd expect the infection rate to go back up because things will just spread again given that's what viruses do. It's not like the UK started out with 1,000 cases, it started with 1 or 2 and exponential growth did the rest. Without proper tracing, you can't hope to contain things and I don't see how it's possible to trace things when there are known 4,000 new cases tested a day without taking into account the untested unknowns.
                Last edited by MartyG; 15-05-2020, 10:44.

Comment

I also think the mixed messaging in the UK will lead to even more people breaking whatever rules get put in place as restrictions ease further. That will make the spread uncontrollable and unpredictable.

Comment

I've been pretty strict about everything (I haven't left my flat in over 2 months) but I think I finally have to bite the bullet and go outside to fetch my prescription. Although I'm having to go to a different pharmacy than my usual, thankfully it's still close enough that I can walk rather than having to take public transport. Still not happy about it, mind.

Comment

Can't you get it delivered?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Absolutely certain I've had it.
                        Any particular symptoms that have made you wonder if that’s the case?

I know how you feel – I know quite a few people who suspect the really bad cold/flu they had in February might’ve been the coronavirus, but there’s no real objective way to test that.

Comment

Yellow bile coloured loose motions for two weeks, fatigue and dizziness. First one is an unusual symptom but seems to be one. 70% that get that also get a temperature but I didn't.

Comment

I haven't got it yet. And the waste and burst-open bags of bloody gauze and fishy-pissy smelling Covid shizz ain't killed me yet.

Yet.

I am at the very epicentre of death and I am not dead. Yet?

Trufax 03:12 am 16/5/20

Comment

And I'm a Hospital Waste Technologist, to be precise.

Trufax. Tru, Trufax.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                I haven't got it yet. And the waste and burst-open bags of bloody gauze and fishy-pissy smelling Covid shizz ain't killed me yet.

Yet.

I am at the very epicentre of death and I am not dead. Yet?

Trufax 03:12 am 16/5/20
                                *backhands jazzfunk across face*

Complacency is the real killer!

Comment

Working...
                                X