No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. True. I just hate seeing you guys worry TOO much. It's miserable being afraid all the time, it grinds the spirit down. Ignore me, it was the last of my four 12hr shifts and Tesco were doing four cans of San Miguel at £4.

Tbh, working where I am, I'm expecting to get it, waiting to get it, it seems inevitable, especially in the job I'm doing. But I haven't got it and can't get my head around it. I've spoken to a lot of the other guys and they feel the same. Weirdly, we want to get it, to sort of get over it.

It's really bloody strange. A sword of Damocles thang but the sword is still hanging by that thread. Anyway, I said I wouldn't post in here, innit?

Comment

Please be careful Jazzy, act like you're in an 80s bank job film, eliminate any trace of the virus. Burn a tenner in front of someone to show how thorough you are, tell them you can clean their notes too, but not coins as they are harder to melt. Seriously though, take care.

Comment

I am mate, even though the message you see on telly and the reality I see every day are two completely different things.

I may often be a drunken mess on here but I'm a pro in my work, and I make sure I graft to get rid of as much crap as I can (unlike the alternate team who will likely have left me overflowing orange bins when I go back on Wednesday). I try as much as I can with the little I get to stay as safe as I can, but the reality really is ridiculous, they're 'avinalarf. But if we don't do it, someone gotta. And I, erm, really like it.

You all stay safe, also. But don't just look after your bodies, look after your minds, too.

Comment

If theres one thing I’ve learned in life its that you can’t trust humans with pretty much anything.

Especially with something like “you can now do a little more after 8 weeks”

I fully expect everyone to go silly this week and it all fully flares up into a second full lock down, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand were back to square one again.

All because people just can’t be trusted.

Comment

It's silly. People just need to be sensible and less selfish. But that will never happen.

Sad going through town on the 444 the other night and seeing all these little businesses looking derelict and obviously shut down for good. God knows what Leeds will be like when this is over. Boarded-up buildings aplenty. Very strange times, it's reminding me a bit of the late 70s/early 80s a bit from my hazy memories of being a very small child. But not as fun.

Comment

How do you get tested?

Comment

If you have symptoms contact the NHS helpline.

Comment

I haven't been tested yet. None of us have.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    I haven't been tested yet. None of us have.
                    That is outrageous.

My cousin and his wife are presently isolating. She works in a care home and even after she stared displaying symptoms she still wasn’t tested.
                    Also one of the guys on my shift made PPE for his wife who is a carer as she hadn’t been supplied with any. One minute your drinking Irn Bru next you’re wearing the cut up bottle as a face shield.

Comment

I know, dude. The troof. But it is what it is. I recall someone on here a few months back taking an exec's words over mine in a rather smug and dismissive manner. I'm not sure who it was, not one of the more scintillating posters, anyhoo. I didn't react, anyway, cos some peeps be dumb and believe everything the besuited ones on telly say. Lol.

It's all a mess but the place has to run. We are all taking our chances and we aren't paid loads for it but we're all kinda like one big crew of ants who just have to get by, despite lacking vital things we might need. There is always a way to make it work.

The service runs because you'll find a lot of the smaller peeps there like me kinda care about the place and wanna make sure it runs right. I was expecting loads more absences but people wanna keep working.

Anyway, what will be will be.
                      Last edited by JazzFunk; 18-05-2020, 19:46.

Comment

Weird still seeing bus ads for movies that were due for release in March but never came out. It's like world-building stuff in games.

Comment

Brother in law's had a test come back positive, but is still seemingly symptomless. Really can't see how my sister / their kids aren't going to get it from here though. I did eventually muster up the will to go fetch my prescription a few days back - masked up the whole way, and wearing gloves when having to interact with folks in the pharmacy - and was pretty shocked by how many people were out and about carelessly in the sun and not giving two hoots about distancing. That's me back indoors again for as long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Brother in law's had a test come back positive, but is still seemingly symptomless. Really can't see how my sister / their kids aren't going to get it from here though.
                            I strongly suspect it’ll eventually be discovered that this disease has far more asymptomatic carriers than originally anticipated.

I did eventually muster up the will to go fetch my prescription a few days back - masked up the whole way, and wearing gloves when having to interact with folks in the pharmacy - and was pretty shocked by how many people were out and about carelessly in the sun and not giving two hoots about distancing. That's me back indoors again for as long as possible.
                            The last fortnight, my area has basically looked like pre-lockdown but with fewer shops and businesses open. I dread to think how worse a second wave will be.

Comment

I was tested today but it was a double negative. Haven’t had it and don’t have it at present.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                I was tested today but it was a double negative.
                                Wait, isn't a double negative... a positive?

Sir, I can confirm without a doubt that you don't don't have the coronavirus.

Comment

Working...
                                X