CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    That's pretty short-sighted - not that I'm planning on getting married, but I would properly research any company I was considering using and this sort of shenanigans would be a massive red flag against using said organiser.
    Yeah, definitely. This company is going to suffer in the long run because they're going to see how they treated their previous customers.
    It's not just my bro-in-law, a bunch of them got together and started the legal proceedings together, so there's a bunch of disgruntled customers ready to leave bad feedback.

Comment

For me this is how you measure a company - not when things are going well it's when things get ****ty how do they look after their customers.

M'lud, allow me to introduce exhibit a, British Airways;
      Passengers have been told they had accepted vouchers for cancellations so cannot get their cash back.

Comment

The law is a joke. It. Is. Law. To give a refund and yet a, lets face it, public sector airline can just say naaaaah.

Comment

We had a holiday booked and paid a considerable amount for the plane tickets. Requested a refund and heard nothing. Tried so many ways to get in contact and couldn't get a single human being. So we got our bank involved and they sent it to their chargeback department. Cut to now and we got the money refunded by the bank and also the same money refunded by the airline.

Must... resist... urge... to... spend...

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
            For me this is how you measure a company - not when things are going well it's when things get ****ty how do they look after their customers.

M'lud, allow me to introduce exhibit a, British Airways;
            https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54059004
            British Airways are a fing joke. They have ripped me off in the past too. I'll never use them again. Not only was I ripped off but also had to put up with a dickhead of a cabin attendant, they never had my son's kids meal and my TV screen was ****ed. I had to watch whatever my son was watching without sound. Just as well I had my own stuff stored on the phone.

Comment

[MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION], you not got about 87 different Chinese emulator handhelds you could've taken on the flight?!

Comment

Colleague had to go home yesterday cause her (young adult) son had symptoms again. Almost certainly another cold but was instructed they had to return home till he has a test. Nowhere near the East/ West Sussex border has any and the nearest testing centre is in the Isle of Wight.

Don't know where Boris is gonna get all these thousands of extra tests when he cant even get the 'normal' amount readily available whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION], you not got about 87 different Chinese emulator handhelds you could've taken on the flight?!
                  Lol, not back then.

Comment

Colleague's son is home isolating from his school, different area thankfully.
                    The 10th Calgary school to have cases has been declared an outbreak. Anyone playing the bingo card needs 2 more schools for the 4th column.

Comment

Loads of our nurses have left/ are leaving so short staffed and getting new girls in. Already had one start last week (complete newbie to the career so have to teach her from scratch, shes doing ok), have another 2 that were due to start this week.

Today one called in saying her brother who she lives with has just tested positive so we won't be seeing her for a while!

Comment

One of my team who works on the next desk (socially distanced by an empty one) is at home atm awaiting a test result.

Comment

3 full classes of kids isolating at home and 3 teachers too.
                          So far no outbreak at the school, but it's really only a matter of time.

Comment

Year 10 at our school self isolating now

Comment

GCSEs then... cos the kids that had to self isolate are at a disadvantage vs those that didn’t...

Comment

Here in ireland i have noticed a major domino effect

Woman at work her son was at school but had a bug....was sent home from school and asked to get a covid test.....whole class was sent home....the Kids mother was then not allowed to go to work until the results of the test

Comment

Working...
                                X