No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are your families treating xmas? If it is done by the book it gets messy quick. If you are a couple you basically have to choose a family.

Comment

Well, my hopes for visitng my parents during Christmas have been pretty much dashed: Italy decided to rise all European countries to danger level C, meaning you need to have a negative test no older than 48 hours; other official sources say you need that and undergo a 14-days quarantine period, things aren't particularly clear.
      Hoping for the best I called the local Swiss doctor, and he said the earliest slot for a COVID test in next week, and results will be delivered in one-two weeks after.
      And then the Swiss government is mulling about closing borders once again up till February/March.
      Oh joy.

Comment

Canada extends US border closure to Jan 21st, yet flights are still arriving WITH POSITIVE CASES.

Comment

Officially covid positive as of today. Results texted this AM.

Felt more like a bad cold, but not a flu, thankfully, because flu wrecks me. However, I’d had flu-like symptoms of temperature fluctuations and joint pain which I don’t usually get from a cold.

Wouldn’t recommend, though.

Comment

My gran who was in a home and had Dementia tested positive last week for Covid, we where told that she was fine and they would not be making any special arrangements so we can see her. Despite this my mum went to visit her which thankfully she did as she died at 5AM this morning,

We hadn't seen her since the beginning of the year as the home wouldn't let anyone in to visit, while family have been barred from visiting the use of agency staff hasn't. Agency staff working in multiple homes is whats spreading Covid around that and people being bumped out of hospitals and straight back into homes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              My gran who was in a home and had Dementia tested positive last week for Covid, we where told that she was fine and they would not be making any special arrangements so we can see her. Despite this my mum went to visit her which thankfully she did as she died at 5AM this morning,

We hadn't seen her since the beginning of the year as the home wouldn't let anyone in to visit, while family have been barred from visiting the use of agency staff hasn't. Agency staff working in multiple homes is whats spreading Covid around that and people being bumped out of hospitals and straight back into homes.
              Really sorry to hear this but at the very least it's good that your mum got to go and visit in time.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Really sorry to hear this but at the very least it's good that your mum got to go and visit in time.
                Thanks really glad my mum got to see her, dementia is a horrible disease its like loosing someone twice. last time we visited she didn't know who we were but was really pleased to see us and her grandkids so we at least brightened her day.

Comment

Seems like ive got it :\

Since a week Sunday, so over 8 days ago, ive been stupidly fatigued. Small tasks leaving me out of breath, talking for a few minutes would leave me having to take deep breaths, getting about the house for a piss or making a cuppa would leave me lightheaded- that kind of thing, No real other effects apart from just constant tiredness and fatigue.

Tried to get a test last week but it was a nightmare trying to get one where they didnt want me to drive miles and miles away- which im not doing, im unwell and not Dominic Cummings.

Anyhoo, 9 days in, still feel the same, but slowly coming out of it I think- and cant get a test because its been over 5 days since I had symptoms. So Im just doing what the advice is if you tested positive, resting (within reason, still working from home), isolating, and taking paracetemol.

I have to go out food shopping for chrimbo and bit on the weekend, but ill have self isolated for 13 days then, when the expected is 10- so should be okay. Although obvs I wont if im still unwell.

I disbelieved it could possibly be covid without any of the big three symptoms- but the more I hear, the more cases ive read where people are positive with exactly the same type of fatigue.

Ah well. 2020 eh?

EDIT: Just read the post above- didnt mean to be so ignorant! Sorry for your loss
                  Last edited by MrKirov; 15-12-2020, 11:04.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION]. Much love to you and your family.
                    [MENTION=3332]MrKirov[/MENTION], make sure you take it easy and properly isolate whilst you recover.

Comment

Some positive news to post here.

Some of you guys may know but before dental nursing I worked at a dementia nursing home for a number of years. Most of the time I was there the management was terrible but the staff were great and supportive. For our last 2-3 years we had several qualified indian nurses come work for us for a year an a half to get their NHS numbers to work in the UK (they would leave as soon as they got these numbers as they didn't get paid much for this work). Made many friends with them and stay in touch with a lot of colleagues on facebook, most now work in NHS hospitals with some working abroad.

One of these guys got his Pfaizer Bio NTec vaccine yesterday. Feeling good and all is going well

Comment

Still quite a few dum-dums walking into retail stores without masks on. Seem to mostly be young men 18-40 from the pattern I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          Still quite a few dum-dums walking into retail stores without masks on. Seem to mostly be young men 18-40 from the pattern I have seen.
                          Well they don't want to look silly, dvdx2

Comment

My work is offering about £100 to each person who gets vaccinated but given we're office based where I work I'm not sure where in the queue we will stand. Either front of line because the whole company will get classified as priority or it'll be more by what role you do in which case I'll be right at the very end of the queue next summer

Comment

Sorry for your loss [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION].

Comment

No peep on any offers of the jab yet at work.

Our county is being moved from Tier 2 to Tier 4 on Boxing Day, no idea if and how it will affect our dental surgery (probably not) but knowing our boss he will almost certainly be looking at any opportunity to get his staff vaccinated ASAP which we are all keen on.

Comment

Working...
                                X