No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two out of three teachers at Jr2's preschool broke rules over Xmas and are positive so preschool won't be reopening. After all the nagging the families got last term...

Comment

I know it's the Daily Fail but it's relevant, considering I know the guy too... horrible, really horrible...

Jason Kelk, 49, has spent nine months in St James' Hospital, Leeds, battling Covid-19. The school IT worker's wife Sue said it was 'nothing short of miraculous that he is still here'.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

My youngest sister has tested positive but is asymptomatic. To be fair the care home she is in has taken until now to have any confirmed cases. They did have the sense to stop visitors back in February luckily for me it was the day after I last saw her. Who knows when I'll next get to see her.

Comment

My mum has positive. No symptoms yet but....

Comment

My granddad's tested positive and gone into hospital, in a bad way. A month after being admitted to a care home and getting the first vaccination jab 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Sorry to hear on both there. Had he received the second jab?
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Not yet. Nan's had the first one too and is due the second soon (I think).

Comment

Sorry to hear about your granddad. That's rough.

Ireland has the highest rate of infection in the world now. Congrats Ireland: https://www.independent.ie/news/irel...-39954862.html

I've got a test this evening. I got sick this weekend. I don't think I have it at all because my symptoms don't match but I rang the GP anyway and they said they have seen people test positive with symptoms like mine so worth getting tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    they said they have seen people test positive with symptoms like mine so worth getting tested.
                    3rd arm?

Comment

I do not have covid.

Comment

Sorry to hear that endo.

Comment

Tbh i am very annoyed at the moment, wife who is at risk and now has to have a covid test tomorrow and is at the moment not well at all, and chances if she did catch something it was either when going to supermarket or possible from me as being a essential worker i do all i can but when people come to the shop not wearing a mask or local factories which I know have had some cases and groups of people come in all at the same time it is starting to wear me down and really trying to control my anger. If people and businesses just all did what they needed to do and just have some common sense and clamped down on people and businesses flouting the rules …we could have got through it…so i blame, public, businesses and the government they all share part of the blame.

Comment

Sorry dude I understand the frustration but it comes down to the public and nothing else. If the public followed the rules then companies wouldn't have to do anything.
                            The basic man on the street is a dickhead. Simple as that. They don't give two craps about anyone or anything bar themselves. The stories I hear from my family back in the UK about people they see on the street is unbelievable.

You should be within your right to ban any twat who is not wearing a mask from coming in to your place of work.
                            ****'em all. If they want something, make them follow the rules. The UK is too soft on these people.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Eastyy. Hope your wife is negative. And yeah, Ireland totally threw it all away. We were so close to doing it really well early on and then just chucked it all in. And yes, I totally get you blaming everyone but this should have been led from the top - the government should have been clear on the messaging and the rules and they weren't. And before that happened, I was looking at the UK and seeing that exact problem after weeks of us having total clarity on it and then we went and repeated those mistakes. It has been a mess. And where you are, you're caught in the failings of two governments.

The only one positive I've learned over the last two days is about the testing. I was tested just a few hours after flagging to my GP that I was sick. No waiting whatsoever and it was a really smooth system. The test results came back in less than 24 hours. So while our numbers are horrific, I would at least guess they are pretty accurate and up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Sorry to hear that, Eastyy. Hope your wife is negative. And yeah, Ireland totally threw it all away. We were so close to doing it really well early on and then just chucked it all in. And yes, I totally get you blaming everyone but this should have been led from the top - the government should have been clear on the messaging and the rules and they weren't. And before that happened, I was looking at the UK and seeing that exact problem after weeks of us having total clarity on it and then we went and repeated those mistakes. It has been a mess. And where you are, you're caught in the failings of two governments.

The only one positive I've learned over the last two days is about the testing. I was tested just a few hours after flagging to my GP that I was sick. No waiting whatsoever and it was a really smooth system. The test results came back in less than 24 hours. So while our numbers are horrific, I would at least guess they are pretty accurate and up to date.
                                Yeah spoke to doctor 3 pm last night a hour later message saying test this morning which is fast and local to.

I work literally just south of the border and there is a lot of local factorys (dunno if you heard of the Quinn group but they have factories for cement/glass/packaging etc) there has been cases at the factory but in the first lockdown back early last year only one factory was open but this time they are all open and seeing so many people come in and it drives me crazy.

Just seems mad with me how lax the lockdown is compared to the first one and yet we had almost 10 times the cases and that first lockdown they got it down to single figures but in the governments complete idiocy thought it was a good idea to open things up for xmas like the virus is going to take a holiday

Comment

Working...
                                X