No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went this morning and got my first AstraZeneca vaccine. Very quick, very easy. Not been invited yet to book my second though.

This afternoon it's now come out that one of the folks who's come down with the variant which originates from South Africa is from my local area. Both my partner and I have had an email from the council about it, and while she's been told to try and book a slot for a local walk-in test centre, I've been told to wait for a self-testing kit to be hand delivered and collected again on the same day.

Comment

My mum, who previously tested positive, has had no symptoms and is now testing negative.

Comment

Home testing kit came yesterday, and was picked back up about 2 hours later. Results today are negative for partner and I.

Good news, yes, but given the variant is in my area and it's on the news that the AstraZeneca vaccine only offers limited protection against it, I'm not exactly off dancing in the street just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          I'm not exactly off dancing in the street just yet.
          Good, you should be indoors, playing games, eating snacks and binge watching ****ty TV shows to keep yourself safe!!

Glad your tests were negative too.

Comment

So, my mum had a test on Saturday as she was displaying symptoms. Result came back negative on Sunday morning but her symptoms are getting worse. She rang her GP and he wasn't convinced the test result was correct, so she's got to go into hospital tonight for more test. Hopefully she hasn't got it, as she's in her 60's so at much greater risk.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              My father and my youngest half-brother both received positive test results today.
              Now my dad's wife has it, the other two have already recovered.

Comment

Sorry, to hear that [MENTION=2206]MonkeyJuggleDX[/MENTION], hope your Mum gets better and soon.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                  Sorry, to hear that @MonkeyJuggleDX, hope your Mum gets better and soon.
                  Hopefully it isn't Covid. She told me she'd had her tests about an hour and a half ago now, so hopefully we shouldn't have to wait too much longer to find out. She wouldn't let me go with her, so I'm currently 'babysitting' her chihuahua. As horrible as it sounds, I hope it's just a nasty chest infection as at least that's better than the rona.

Comment

Update: She's home now but has a growth of between 6-8cm between her heart and her lung. She's had a biopsy and we'll find out on tuesday if it's cancer or not, so yeah, if anything it's worse than covid.

Comment

Oh man, sorry to hear you are going through this. I know I'd feel scared. Bro internet hugs.

Comment

I got lucky and had my vaccine this morning

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                          Update: She's home now but has a growth of between 6-8cm between her heart and her lung. She's had a biopsy and we'll find out on tuesday if it's cancer or not, so yeah, if anything it's worse than covid.
                          Any news on this, mate?
                          Hope she's OK.

Comment

Absolutely hate injections... but booked in for Thursday

Comment

Had the 1st injection done last week (as part of the severe illness group), got a card with Pfizer written on the jab1 entry and painful arm for 2 days.

Comment

My mum is getting hers on Thursday too.

My dentist I mainly work with is now volunteering with giving the injections to a local center (I've halted on this myself atm as I've had a few things randomly come up with work and life I need to deal with first but have completed 2 hours of the training) and mentioned how delicate the Pfizer one has to be handled. If it gets shaken it damages it, you can't just turn it upside down and mix and draw it out, you literally have to arch it slowly to turn it to draw the vaccine out, not to mention the temperature thing. The oxford one you can literally chuck it on the table and deal with it once its out of cold storage, Pfizer has to be handled like a cracked open raw egg and try to pour the white out without spilling any and keep the yoke in the shell.

Now I have heard the rota is more pick and choose rather than committed to a certain time every week I am more likely to go ahead and help, just need to make sure the course I have paid for goes ahead correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X