CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    What vacancies did you guys get? I'm down for Pfizer in August. Japan seems to be only doing Pfizer or moderna.
    Hope your missus only has a mild case.
    We both had the Oxford vaccines.

Comment

Had my second on Monday, barely any side effects fingers crossed. Sucks to hear about the Covid positive, stay safe!
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        We both had the Oxford vaccines.
        That's a new one to me. I've not heard of that before.

Comment

Had our first positive case at work yesterday
          Luckily the colleague has been working from home since last week so no need for any of us to bother

Thing is if anyone in the office was likely to get it, it was going to be him
          He's spent the entire Euros tournament at the pub or round friends for house parties so he was putting himself out there in situations that were inviting potential exposure
          He's also up until now never wanted to get the vaccine

Hopefully he'll recover quickly but when the email came in yesterday none of us were particularly surprised

Neil

Comment

That's a new one to me. I've not heard of that before.
            AstraZeneca the one developed at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus in Cambridge in collaboration with The University of Oxford, sometimes referred to as the AstraZeneca/Oxford jab.
            Last edited by MartyG; 16-07-2021, 07:25.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              AstraZeneca the one developed at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus in Cambridge in collaboration with The University of Oxford, sometimes referred to as the AstraZeneca/Oxford jab.
              Ah, okay. AstraZeneca is the one my dad got.

Comment

My other half has got worse each day, one symptom goes another takes its place, yesterday it was sickness, today its sore throat. I continue to test negative and no symptoms, don't think i will now given how close we were in the critical days of her catching it, but even still i got a proper test taken today so waiting on the results from that now.

Comment

What this shows, sadly, is that relying on vaccination alone is simply not enough - without additional mitigation measures (like social distancing, mask wearing, group limiting, ventilation, track and trace / isolation), you will never get a handle on this.

The thoughts are that the variants are simply too infectious to be able to achieve herd immunity and so by opening up at a time when infection rates are high and increasing exponentially, you are knowingly allowing people to be hospitalised, suffer from long covid or potentially die when those things are, in fact, preventable.

It's a shameful course of action that the UK government has decided to take.

Comment

Theyll just say people get sick but it shouldnt be as bad. It will never be provable of course, but they have definitely redefined what the word vaccine means.

Comment

What vacancies did you guys get? I'm down for Pfizer in August. Japan seems to be only doing Pfizer or moderna.
                      Hope your missus only has a mild case.
                      Japan is insisting on doing its own testing before approving anything, and Pfizer was the first one that got approved.
                      Also Pfizer and Moderna are more effective against the Delta variant, so that's a plus.
                      My first was AZ and my second was Pfizer. Wife had double Pfizer. Both of us felt hungover the day after shot two.

Comment

Feeling hungover will be normal for me then. No worries. Feel like that twice a week sometimes.

Comment

Had my second jab yesterday at a walk in. Feel OK except for my arm and kidneys weirdly. I'm hoping I don't get a temperature like the first one in this heat.

Comment

Just been pinged by the T&T app to self-isolate for the first time - 08 Days
                            We only went to Starbucks and it was completely empty to fairly confident we're fine. Still...

Happy Freedom Day!

Comment

You were served by automated robots?

Comment

I've long suspected it given the lack of human emotion they display

Comment

Working...
                                X