Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ntering-london
    Khan now looking into charging £3.50 per day simply to enter the Greater London area as a separate charge to the Congestion Charge. He's literally on a hell bent mission to hand the capital back to the Tories.
    I'm not sure about that. I'd be interested to know how many Londoners would actually be against this.

Comment

I'd be pretty happy to never go to London for the rest of my life, so they can charge what they like.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        4 years to achieve nothing.
        5 minutes on the back of a fag packet at the last minute
        Pretty much looks that way, going to be a grim start to 2021 in just about every way.

Technically they could do a deal on December 31st they said, but it's all looking like if it is it will be on the back of a fag packet..

Comment

Still, at least the fish will be OK.

Comment

Johnson abandons yet another deadline as talks will continue

Comment

These negotiations are turning into an SCS / DFS style sale situation.

Neverending and people are sick of hearing about them.

Comment

God this Navy/fishing thing is utterly, utterly stupid. It's brinkmanship and disgusting.

The right thing to do, after Brexit, if the coastal boundaries are so important, is set up a mechanism by which fishermen on both sides can report incursions, providing GPS data and photographs, and actually find out how common those incursions are, before you consider sending the armed forces in.

Of course the gov't knows this, but the Brexit Brigade have made fisherman into these weird folk heroes for the cause, so they want to appear as though they're backing them.

Comment

Most of the fish we buy come from. SE Asia.

Comment

They won't send armed forces for any incursions. We'll let the fishermen deal with it. When the government think it'll look good they'll send 1 ship and tell all the papers it's a 'show of force'. That one ship will never be seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      They won't send armed forces for any incursions. We'll let the fishermen deal with it. When the government think it'll look good they'll send 1 ship and tell all the papers it's a 'show of force'. That one ship will never be seen again.
                      I suppose I'm more concerned about the Brexiteers at home wanking off over the idea of sending the Navy to confront "the frogs". It's exactly what we don't need.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        Most of the fish we buy come from. SE Asia.
                        For Tuna, most of the rest of it comes from Norway & Iceland https://towardsdatascience.com/where...m-9457c90d4ff0 we land very little of our own Cod, so the UK is going to have to learn to love Mackerel.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 14-12-2020, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          For Tuna, most of the rest of it comes from Norway & Iceland https://towardsdatascience.com/where...m-9457c90d4ff0 we land very little of our own Cod, so the UK is going to have to learn to love Mackrel.
                          I don’t need to learn nuffin! Mackerel is my favourite fish anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            I suppose I'm more concerned about the Brexiteers at home wanking off over the idea of sending the Navy to confront "the frogs". It's exactly what we don't need.
                            That's an image I didn't need while eating my corn flakes.

Comment

This gunboat nonsense really highlights the underpinnings of the whole Brexit misadventure. The only constant from day 1 of this reckless Tory party political gamble has been jingoism and patriotism of the most juvenile kind. It started with "they're coming over ere stealing our jobs" (jobs that Brits won't do) and ends with "they're coming over ere stealing our fish" (fish that Brits won't eat). Standing in passport control going into Europe from now on and having to separated out and identified with this ****-shower will be embarrassingly as hell.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X