Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ing-study-says
    A study has shown that hundreds of thousands of Cannabis smokers class themselves as non-smokers leading experts to fear that many users fail to understand the health damages caused by using the drug.
    I've never understood that, the tendency of many stoners to claim that smoking cannabis isn't dangerous and nothing like smoking tobacco. Inhaling smoke into your lungs is never going to be good, regardless of what the smoke is.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ing-study-says
      A study has shown that hundreds of thousands of Cannabis smokers class themselves as non-smokers leading experts to fear that many users fail to understand the health damages caused by using the drug.

Weed smokers failing to understand something? Shock.

Comment

Why is SE England in Tier 4 and yet the borders are still open?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
          Why is SE England in Tier 4 and yet the borders are still open?
          Around 56 years ago Boris Johnson was born, and now here we are.

Comment

Areas in Tier 4 will likely remain in that Tier for all the coming months until vaccination has reached sufficient levels aka expect a wave of added areas in the new year and there's your Lockdown 03.

And breastfeeding mothers won't be allowed the vaccine

Comment

Does the vaccine work against the new strain?

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Does the vaccine work against the new strain?
                There's no hard evidence to know for sure: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ork-against-it

Comment

... but also no reason to think it won't. Like, most vaccines don't just work against one very specific version of a disease; usually they work with ones that are quite close too. That's why the government is being cautious but not in a state of panic.

Comment

I'll still be getting it whatever the case. I'm hoping my parents will have had the vaccine by Feb at least.

Well I've been back for nearly an hour since I left at 5am, let my stepdad load my car up and me his (mine were organised in 2 boxes, my mother has gone nuts as usual and had the hamper plus loose stuff for Christmas and birthday so took a while) so we could be socially distanced. Just a nod and a tap of the heel and that was that. We had a chat when we were both in our own cars when my mum called on speakerphone and we witnessed at least 2 groups of people doing exactly the same thing at 8am this morning by the hotel.

Wonder what the new details are about this new strain in regards of our protocols at work.

Comment

Have the CCP demanded an apology for the Kent Virus yet?

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Things in the UK get really serious as new cases for today are at 35,928 with no backlog of figures added to make that tally. Daily hospital admissions are now 2/3's of the way to peak level

Comment

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/
                          Things in the UK get really serious as new cases for today are at 35,928 with no backlog of figures added to make that tally. Daily hospital admissions are now 2/3's of the way to peak level
                          Out of interest... Has anywhere sliced the total number of cases weekly average against the testing capacity?

I ask because the number of cases has risen, but testing capacity has also risen. Now, I can see one is an upwards curve and the other is a generally rising flat-ish line, so I'm not one of those "Covid Truthers" who claim that higher testing capacity is "the problem", but I'm just curious to see the data represented in this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Out of interest... Has anywhere sliced the total number of cases weekly average against the testing capacity?
                            I've been tracking it, last 12 days, oldest top, newest bottom (Today's figures)

Comment

One thing I was wondering about here but I can’t find figures for is the number of active cases. I realise there would have to be a level of speculation involved but we have so many new cases each day so is there a figure of total current known active cases? It has to be pretty huge over there in the UK but I can’t find a figure for where I am.

Comment

Adding up the last ten day dailies would probably give you a rough idea (third column in from right)

Comment

Working...
                                X