No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=5818]fallenangle[/MENTION] you can literally click on the links and they take you to the posts where you said all those things.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
      When the hell did I say anything like that?
      As Brad says, in each statement, I put links to your posts where I interpreted you as saying them.

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier: views, suggestion and speculation that are off-message are being reinterpreted through what can only be call the blinkered, self-righteousness of a few people contributing to this thread.
      I don't believe I've reinterpreted you, but I don't think I'm blinkered or self-righteous either.

If somebody is off-message they're automatically damned as a Covid-Idiot, in Trump-like denial and you can therefore ascribe anything to them you want. In this case coming up with a warped, fantasy character depiction that allows the bully that is, apparently, in so many people online, free reign.
      I know you feel like you're being piled on, but I've never called you names. When you've said something "off-message", you've been challenged on why you think that and people have said why they think different, sometimes backing up what they say with research.

All I've been trying to do is to get people here to think for themselves, not blindly accept what you're told and entrench yourself in a position based on possible misinformation, manipulation or even down right lies.
      I'm definitely not the type to "blindly accept" what I'm told and entrench myself in a wrong position.

You said "the only evidence there is, that compulsory mask wearing for the last 5 weeks has had no measurable effect on those actually dying."

I believe that wearing masks stops the spread of Coronavirus and if more people wore masks and wore them earlier in the pandemic, less people would have died.

I researched the effectiveness of masks and gave you a list of 12 reputed, respected and varied international sources that all confirmed that wearing a mask reduces the spread of Coronavirus.

I accept that I do not know what the truth is, the possibility I'm being manipulated or not, because planting a seed of doubt about that can itself be manipulative. I also acknowledge the possibility I'm just wrong. I wish a few others here had within them some similar degree of introspection too.
      My question was "what would it take to change your mind?" but you've still not answered me.

Every time someone challenges what you put, you claim we're the blinkered ones, raging against anyone going "off-message".

You're absolutely right to question the information given to us, especially by the Government who are twisting facts to make themselves look better, but when there are multiple, varied scientific responses, it's worth taking them on board.
      Last edited by QualityChimp; 17-09-2020, 10:44.

Comment

“Off-message” in this case, when what we’re actually referring to are the many global scientific and medical communities, basically just means running counter to anyone who might actually know enough to know what they are taking about. Amusing when we’re talking about moon landings or flat earth. Downright dangerous when we’re living in a pandemic.

Comment

Is Emmerdale Farm still airing?

EDIT: wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
            Is Emmerdale Farm still airing?

EDIT: wrong thread.
            What would be the right thread?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              when there are multiple, varied scientific responses, it's worth taking them on board.
              Those sources should probably not include Noel Gallagher and Trump.

Comment

The North East enters a soft lockdown state whilst the daily infection rate of nearly 4,000 is said to be believed by the Government to in reality be 38,000 though that's still under debate

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  the daily infection rate of nearly 4,000 is said to be believed by the Government to in reality be 38,000 though that's still under debate
                  Where is the 38,000 number coming from? I've missed that part.

Comment

I'm not much into conspiracy theories, but I do think at this stage it seems suspicious that none of London (densely populated, huge use of public transport) is experiencing a spike that causes a local lockdown. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it later came out that the government were manipulating the figures to keep London out of it for as long as they can get away with it, presumably to make it look like things are more under control than they are because the capital is still "fine".

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                      I'm not much into conspiracy theories, but I do think at this stage it seems suspicious that none of London (densely populated, huge use of public transport) is experiencing a spike that causes a local lockdown. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it later came out that the government were manipulating the figures to keep London out of it for as long as they can get away with it, presumably to make it look like things are more under control than they are because the capital is still "fine".
                      To counter this, I'd say a lot of London-based companies - particularly those that are office-centric like finance and tech - are the sort to have already had some kind of remote working policy which was very quickly scaled up. I've been working from home since February and haven't set foot on the tube this entire time.

Comment

It is though - the case numbers don't look so high when you split it across the different boroughs, but when you compare the CPP the vast majority of them are at the 500+ per 100,000 at the moment, compared to the nation figure of 579.9 per 100,000.

It's well above the point at which we locked down in March.

Comment

Judging by the ambulance sirens going off in my part of London at all times of day and night I wouldn't be surprised if that's correct.

But, again, ducks for cover, is that not what we would expect? Highest population density in the country with the highest numbers of daily commuters and visitors you'd think it would have one of the highest infection rates and the C-19 blamed deaths suggests that indeed it does. It's also the country's most important economic centre. So its not surprising if we're been lied too.

But if we are then that must have taken London wide planning involving every London council, hospitals, transport, big business and any other services involved in dealing with C-19 cases. All would have to be on-message for that to work.

Comment

The 38,000 figure is in a tweet that's on the first page on the Guardian live link above. It seems that it's now being highly disputed though despite it's right that testing is a terrible measure of spread now

London definitely has a low number of cases though... just like China...

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              The 38,000 figure is in a tweet that's on the first page on the Guardian live link above. It seems that it's now being highly disputed though despite it's right that testing is a terrible measure of spread now
                              Thanks, yeah I managed to find it but it seems the tweet has been deleted and the guy, about another part of the same tweet, that it was not the case - he didn't confirm that 38,000 figure one way or another or say where it had come from.

Yes, with the testing issues, you're right that the testing is a poor measure. I was just curious as to where that figure had come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Where is the 38,000 number coming from? I've missed that part.
                                (4000 X 10) - 2000 = 38,000

Comment

Working...
                                X