Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...-more-protests

Former Sage Advisor warns a second lockdown is needed now not later. Johnson signals meanwhile that the Second Wave has begun officially.
    Okay, who wants to take bets... Is it going to come into force the day before our wedding, or after?

Comment

I want to know about new hospital admissions - as one of the few TV doctors, who've been wheeled on to comment on such matters and appeared not to be primed just to sell the approved message, said: that's the important thing. Its not how many people are testing positive, its who is testing positive, the percentages being hospitalised and tracking back to try to determine how they were infected.

If the people who are testing positive, whilst infectious at some point, aren't coming into contact with others from the most vulnerable groups the hospitalizations won't be rising at nearly the same rate.

They'll undoubtedly rise but as a significant percentage of the vulnerable elderly and otherwise infirmed have been self-isolating continuously ie. have never come out lockdown the number should be far less. Is it?

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Today a new Second Wave high is hit, 4,422 new cases. Hospitalisations are still very low by comparison of the First Wave peak though over the last week or two they've doubled putting us back to where we were in July so far.

As for Trump/Biden... I'm kind of expecting Trump to dispute whatever outcome emerges and he'll spend Nov-Jan wrangling with his minions to rig the numbers to tip it to a win for himself regardless of losing the popular vote again.

Comment

The latest viral messages are saying masks increase carbon dioxide levels and then... I dunno what. Someone forwarded me some evangelical channel clip, what's going on. Are people just finding more reasons to do whatever it is they want.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
            The latest viral messages are saying masks increase carbon dioxide levels and then... I dunno what. Someone forwarded me some evangelical channel clip, what's going on. Are people just finding more reasons to do whatever it is they want.
            I've moved past anger now and it's just pity. They've been swept up in propaganda, propped up by Facebook's algorithms, and they're just not smart enough to put two and two together. They're the sort of people who you could get to go on a march to stop Dihydrogen Monoxide.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
              The latest viral messages are saying masks increase carbon dioxide levels and then.
              That explains all those doctors and nurses who collapse outside hospitals at the end of their shifts, they had to employ more cleaners to sweep them up near me.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                I've moved past anger now and it's just pity. They've been swept up in propaganda, propped up by Facebook's algorithms, and they're just not smart enough to put two and two together. They're the sort of people who you could get to go on a march to stop Dihydrogen Monoxide.
                One was from a tech professional... I dunno if they even watch or read what they forward.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  That explains all those doctors and nurses who collapse outside hospitals at the end of their shifts, they had to employ more cleaners to sweep them up near me.
                  Batman and Robocop will be fine, Spiderman might suffer.

Comment

How? This could be a major scientific breakthrough; a way to convert oxygen rich air into carbon dioxide rich air using nothing but thin fabric

Comment

Tories begin new North West lockdown measures from Tuesday - Exclude Blackpool - what else was going to result than the busiest weekend in memory?

Comment

They're just testing their eyesight, nothing wrong with that!

Edit

Meanwhile, 'Head out to Help Out' plans for £1 rail fares and off peak discounts are being mooted, Handtocock won't rule out advising Londoners to wfh again, Blowjob considers a 2 week national lockdown, people consider not getting tested to avoid fines for breaching self-isolation, and not enough sandwiches are being bought.
                        Last edited by wheelaa; 20-09-2020, 14:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          How? This could be a major scientific breakthrough; a way to convert oxygen rich air into carbon dioxide rich air using nothing but thin fabric
                          I don't have an online link for it but I'd never post it here. It seems to be hosted on a spirituality channel, they discuss masks then... 5g . I didn't see it all and my friend who showed it me got a bit ticked off when I asked what's going on with that, and I always forget don't question peoples' beliefs because you will end up in a back and forth thing.

Comment

Why would NE restrictions not apply to Blackpool? Genuine question

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Why would NE restrictions not apply to Blackpool? Genuine question
                              (I assume you meant NW and that was a typo)

I'm willing to bet that it's just pressure from the owners of tourist businesses (most likely the ones who don't ever set foot on their premises).

Comment

Pretty much because Boris is greedy

Comment

Working...
                                X