United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Because releasing viruses is a nice controllable way of doing this, right?
    The whole conspiracy thing right now is terrifying, and the websites that are based on engagement metrics are largely responsible. The problem is that people really like them, so dismiss any calls to do more to regulate them.

Comment

17% of people?! Holy ****. I'd like to know how many were surveyed, though.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        17% of people?! Holy ****. I'd like to know how many were surveyed, though.
        Hanbury Strategy conducted a survey of 2,000 adults between September 8 and September 11 2020, using an online panel of respondents. To ensure the sample was as representative as possible, we sourced the most up to date census statistics to inform our weighting and sampling criteria, and collected responses according to strict quotas. Respondents under the age of 18 were disqualified.

Each panellist was assigned an individual ID by the online panel provider, which was used to select panellists for the survey according to the target sampling criteria and to ensure panellists were not over-contacted, which limits survey fatigue and potential bias. The data was also passed through a series of automatic and manual checks to deal with any poor quality responses or duplication that might have occurred.

Finally, to adjust for small discrepancies in sampling, the data was then weighted to be nationally representative using an RIM weighting scheme, which weighted respondents based on the interactions between region, gender and age.

-----------------------

A sample size of 2,000 is enough to give a reasonably accurate picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...y-mid-november
          Brexit deal attempt 435 might be on the agenda, this time with a new strategy:

Genius. The plan, not that ****.
          The US should have been doing that with Trump for the last 4 years.

Comment

Ten billion pounds spent on this. Shame we don't have money for school meals, but this ****, sure.

Comment

This seems... odd. I mean, that graph seems to take an unrealistic flat line and the first half October was when it was identified that T&T had severe omissions. Coupled with hows it's an increasingly failing system and we've had 88,065 in just the four days from 19 Oct to today showing this week will blow past the 91,021 cited as the measure in the link for a full week... surely this is just yet again highlighting none of the measures in place at fit for purpose?

Comment

The introduction of self-driving cars onto UK motorways from next year could be cancelled as insurers blast the plans saying their unsafe and hugely wrong.

Comment

Hey Boris Can we have 108 Million for a PPE contract, we've never sourced ppe before and we don't plan to deliver it to you?

"sure here you go"

hey Boris can we have 12 billion for a test and trace system that's going to be the laughing stock of the world?

"sure here you go"

Hey Boris can we have 20 million to support family's and feed some children that will go hungry while the schools are shut down?

"Piss OFF how the hell do you expect me and my mates to cream off money from that you idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...s-on-motorways
                    The introduction of self-driving cars onto UK motorways from next year could be cancelled as insurers blast the plans saying their unsafe and hugely wrong.
                    Aren't they supposed to be safer than human drivers?

Do I detect a hint of self-interest there?

Comment

According to the insurers in the article the issue is that the Government and industry has focused on the tech at the expense of the human element. In an emergency they expect drivers to take control of the vehicle again and the insurers say it takes three seconds to respond in time, they say in reality humans take upward of fifteen meaning that they're much slower to respond than they would be if they were in control of the vehicle the whole time.

Primarily I think they've looked at the car and decided it's safer but failed to properly account for the fact that the self-driving car would be operating in a sea of non-self driving ones so the insurers suggestion is that in a like for like accident your pretty much dead if you're not actively at the wheel.

Comment

Firebreak lockdown in Wales. Why such a silly name? Why not just 'lockdown'.
                        I'm looking forward to 'Super space love lockdown'

Comment

Because coming up with stupid names and slogans is way easier than actually doing stuff.

Comment

Two week lockdown is an amazing move.

I mean, everyone knows that the virus was almost completely wiped out within the first fortnight of the three month lockdown...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Because coming up with stupid names and slogans is way easier than actually doing stuff.
                              Better than the Irish, you're screwed. They'll be nothing left of the place when I pop back over in June

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                                Hey Boris Can we have 108 Million for a PPE contract, we've never sourced ppe before and we don't plan to deliver it to you?

"sure here you go"

hey Boris can we have 12 billion for a test and trace system that's going to be the laughing stock of the world?

"sure here you go"

Hey Boris can we have 20 million to support family's and feed some children that will go hungry while the schools are shut down?

"Piss OFF how the hell do you expect me and my mates to cream off money from that you idiot"
                                Its funny because its completely true.

Comment

Working...
                                X