No announcement yet.

Mobile Phone Thread S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've not been too bothered by the battery life on mine. I do charge it each morning but I did that with my old phone too. 4-6 hours screen on time typically depending on what I'm doing.

Comment

Went for the 14pro max in the end in deep purple. Then they f****d the order up so they have to ring back Monday to cancel it and re order, Indians should be banned from the entire planet for call centres, utterly utterly useless to the point i think its some kind of running joke India is keeping up for laughs.
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 10-09-2022, 16:05.

Comment

I'm still super happy with my Pixel 5

Comment

9pm and still on 63%. Normally a bit less.

Comment

Im still using my 2020 Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro with a 5300mAh battery. I can get 4 days out of this bad boy. 2 with heavy usage of net and video.

The 15 hours is the remaining run time. The last time since it was charge is almost 36 hours and I still have 55% left. The battery management on this phone is amazing.

Comment

lots of reports that iPhone 14 preorders are down massively across all retailers with only the pro models showing as out of stock, (6 week lead times), as someone whos been waiting for my Mac Pro from apple since May now due to their being massive back-orders it makes me think that maybe they didn't produce that many of the 14 pros due to shortages of their higher end chips and put most of ther production into the standard 14s.

It really dose feel like this yearly update fad is massively wasteful and needs to change, Apple have shown now for quite a number of years that their is no reason to update as nothing meaningful has been added to the Iphone for quite some time now. My 13 feels exaclty the same as my iphone x did and the 14 looks identical to the 13,

Things like holding back tiny new features on the standard 14 like the notifications next to the notch to try and give them a reason to create a pro model is seen for what it is a cynical push to get you to spend more. They do things to push people into updating too, if your the sort of person that has to be seen with the newest model then them adding The light blue colour which was exclusive to the pro model is a disaster as people may think you now have a standard iphone 14. The pros have all new exclusive colour ways so theirs no way to get them mixed up either.

Comment

Yeah, it's the irrational punishment of the stock market for success. The iPhone is such a sales juggernaut that it's what they continually fall back on for business-wide growth. And since smartphones are improving annually at roughly the same rate as washing machines or toasters now, that means they need to rely pretty much exclusively on FOMO.

It's incredibly wasteful, I agree.

Comment

Year but, its now purple?

Comment

EU finally passes law that will force Apple to fully implement USB-C charging into their phones and tablets by 2024.

Whether Apple actually adheres to this (USB-C charging is rumoured for the next iPhone) or go the fully portless iPhone route (also rumoured) remains to be seen.

Within two years, all mobile phones and tablets must have a common USB-C charger in blow to Apple

Comment

The lightning ports on the iPhone are much tougher than usb-c. Ill stick to lightning thanks EU.

Comment

They'll switch to portless. Then they can sell a wireless charger for a few hundred quid and you'll have to buy the plug separately.

Comment

I’m pretty sure they will implement USB-C. They already have on iPads and MacBooks for some years. It’s only iPhones, AirPods and a handful of accessories like keyboards and mice that still use Lightning.

Portless still has too many drawbacks at the moment, particularly for charging speed. Apple do already sell a variety of expensive wireless chargers which don’t include plugs though

It’s a good thing. Everything using USB-C is a lot more convenient and it’s a much more modern standard than the aging Lightning. Not only does it offer much faster charging but if they follow the same software route they have with iPads, you’ll be able to connect accessories like USB sticks if you want, too.

Comment

It's not a given that Apple will go USB-C with iPhone. It's very much wait and see.

Some say they've got a USB-C iPhone in development and others say that bringing back MagSafe to the iPhone is the prep-work for iPhone to go portless.

On top of that, there are already rumours that the standard iPad may well be going portless in the future.

We will see.

Comment

I think portless iPhones are inevitable. But I’m pretty sure they’ll use USB-C on them before then personally. We’ll see next year I guess.

Comment

I don't like this. USB-C charging on Macbooks and thinkpads is worse than magsafe and the old thinkpad chargers. What about the plethora of lightning cables I already have? Where do I recycle those? This, Cookie pop ups and volume limiters; thanks EU!

I'm half joking. Volume limit was a good idea, poorly executed.

Comment

Working...
                                X