No announcement yet.

Mobile Phone Thread S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe return it for the Plus. It’s meant to have the best battery life.

Comment

It’s brand new on contract, I have a 30 day warranty with Three business team so that’s fine.

It is the plus. Pro Max With the bigger battery, was the reason I went with the pro max model this time was the the better battery life.

Very disappointing so far, looks like it will be going back for a replacement handset at this rate.
      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 21-02-2023, 23:13.

Comment

Interesting. Only thing I can think of that would drain it that quick over your old iPhone is 5G usage being on?

Edit: Ignore me. Just noticed you say it’s as bad as your old iPhone, so you must use it in the same way.

Comment

Battery has improved slightly today, sitting at 91% at 11:37 with a few hours of light use, hopefully after a few full drain and recharge cycles it starts to setting down, however anything heavy, like video absolutely rinses it, i left it on you tube last night with just random crap on and it went from 60% down to 10% in the space of an hour, so still not pleased at all.

-5g off, almost all notifications off bar essentials, screen at 30% brightness, wifi off, all background activity off bar essential apps.

The always on display has broken already, a common issue with 14pm apparently, after 30 seconds the screen just switches off completely whatever you do, I've gone through all the guides and possible solutions and nothing sticks, apparently Apply have known about it since release but still haven't issued a fix.

My number still hasn't been ported either which is my most pressing concern as all my 2fa is set up on that number, three are having issues apparently but that's no good to me.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-02-2023, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            It’s brand new on contract, I have a 30 day warranty with Three business team so that’s fine.

It is the plus. Pro Max With the bigger battery, was the reason I went with the pro max model this time was the the better battery life.

Very disappointing so far, looks like it will be going back for a replacement handset at this rate.
            The Plus is a different model with reputedly better battery life as it doesn't have the high refresh rate display.

There's probably not that much in it though. Was just a thought.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead
            i left it on you tube last night with just random crap on and it went from 60% down to 10% in the space of an hour, so still not pleased at all.

Woah, that definitely sounds faulty in that case, I'd return. My 5 year old XR has better battery life than that!

Comment

There a Pro, Pro max & a Pro plus? Jesus that’s as bad as the xbox names.

Well that’s why the battery isn’t as robust as I thought it would be as I’m comparing it to the Plus. In any case the features I wanted weren’t on the Plus which is probably why I never looked at it.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-02-2023, 17:07.

Comment

No it appears there is a 14, 14 Plus, Pro and Pro Max. The 14 and 14 Plus have an A15 chip and the Pro and Pro Max have an A16. If the 14 Plus has the best battery life maybe it is due to having the older chip?

Comment

Good lordy. I think the plus is lacking the newest processor, lacks 48mp camera & raw shooting, no always on display, lacks satellite calling, and loads of other stuff.

That’s a point this 14pro max has a 48mp raw mode on the camera now, I’ll have to test that at some stage.

It also displayed a message saying this model can be remotely wiped if lost or stolen even if switched off, i can only imagine the security chip is always on at ultra low power to do that but it’s a good idea.

Comment

Yeah the 14 Plus has a better battery life on account of fewer features, basically.

Comment

My new business iPhone arrived the other week and I noticed that battery life wasn't great, only on par with my current one at the time whose own battery was starting down the slippery slope of regression.

Discovered that my new phone had decided to turn on data sharing out of the box, once I turned it off battery life hugely improved as you would expect on a fresh phone.

Comment

I feel like Apple have struggled to get the battery life right on the standard iPhone Pro since the 11.

Although, in the context of everything else on the market, iPhones still batter the vast majority of Android phones for battery life and I say that as a user of Google Pixel devices known for mediocre-awful battery life.

[MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION] To me, it sounds like you phone either needs to be broken in with use so that it can adapt to your usage habits (best case) or there genuinely is a bug in which case a quick trip to any Apple Store Genius Bar should sort it (worst case).

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                          My new business iPhone arrived the other week and I noticed that battery life wasn't great, only on par with my current one at the time whose own battery was starting down the slippery slope of regression.

Discovered that my new phone had decided to turn on data sharing out of the box, once I turned it off battery life hugely improved as you would expect on a fresh phone.
                          Data sharing? Where’s this it’s not listed on the phone anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            Data sharing? Where’s this it’s not listed on the phone anywhere?
                            It'll be listed as Wi-Fi Assist. That's when weak Wi-Fi connections are supplemented by your cellular connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              It'll be listed as Wi-Fi Assist. That's when weak Wi-Fi connections are supplemented by your cellular connection.
                              This is all turned off plus I don’t ever use wifi anyway as I’m never near my router at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                [MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION] To me, it sounds like you phone either needs to be broken in with use so that it can adapt to your usage habits (best case)

I feel this is the most likely case and it will settle after a week or two as it adapts. Upon looking into it i’m not the only one that isn’t satisfied with this models battery life, just seems like it doesn’t have the staying power you expect.

These phones need to start getting thicker and with much bigger capacity batteries. They should be capable of 12hrs of video or 2 days of normal use quite easily, scraping through the day just doesn’t cut it.

Comment

Working...
                                X