Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know he retired from commentating F1 20 years ago now, but he's still the voice of the sport for me.

Rest in peace.

Comment

Murray Walker was irreplaceable, watching F1 on BB2 Sunday evenings in the 1970's at 2100 was the perfect antidote to school next morning, the locations seemed so exotic and his commentary was unlike anything else.
      He also covered Rally Cross on Grandstand on Saturday afternoons.

When he paired up with James Hunt they formed a partnership that I don't' think has been equalled in sports commentary and when F1 went from the Beeb to ITV all anybody wanted to know was if Walker was going as well.

Lovely bloke, will be missed. I hope F1 name something after him.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-the-age-of-89
        Trevor Peacock from Vicar of Dibley has died aged 89
        No, no, no, no.

Rest In Peace

Comment

“Alien,” “Live and Let Die” and “Homicide: Life on the Street” actor Yaphet Kotto has died. He was 81. Kotto’s wife of 24 years, Tessie Sinahon, revealed the news on Facebook on Monday night. New York-born Kotto made his big screen debut in films like “Nothing But a Man” and the original “The Thomas Crown […]

Yaphet Kotto from Alien and Live and Let Die has died aged 81

Comment

He was great in Live and Let Die, seem to remember him in Raid on Entebbe too.

Comment

Yaphet Kotto is a legend. He was brilliant in Alien. And fantastic as Gee in Homicide Life on the Street - a wonderful character and he played it so well. I don't know if he had retired but I haven't seen him in anything in a long, long time.

Comment

I particularly enjoyed it when he played the part of the alien in Alien:

(Source: BBC before they fixed it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  https://www.darkhorizons.com/r-i-p-yaphet-kotto/
                  Yaphet Kotto from Alien and Live and Let Die has died aged 81
                  Without Homicide: Life on the Street, The Wire arguably doesn't happen years later.

Yaphet Kotto was a BIG part of the former.

RIP.

Comment

Kotto was fantastic in Alien. And silliest end to any baddie in the history of Bond.

Comment

Peter Lorimer;
                      Leeds United's all-time record goalscorer Peter Lorimer dies aged 74.

Comment

George Segal
                        Tributes have been paid to the star who was Oscar-nominated for Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Lovely actor, A touch of class with Glenda Jackson is a lesser known treat.

Comment

Frank Worthington died a couple of days ago.

He was my football hero back in about 1982 when I started going down to St Andrews when he played for Birmingham.

That goal he scored for Bolton is one of the greatest goals ever!

Comment

Crikey I didn't see that, my dad was at that match.

Worthy probably had to do the juggling because the pitch was a mess, I did my footy proficiency certificate (or some such) at Burnden about forty years ago and the ground was the same then.

Comment

Jessica Walter, the award-winning actress whose career spanned five decades, passed away in her sleep at home in New York City on Wednesday.

Jessica Walter, actress from Arrested Development and Archer, has died aged 80

Comment

Ritter, who also appeared in films including Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, died at home alongside is wife and two sons

Actor Paul Ritter has died aged 54

Comment

Working...
                                X