No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tump and his associates purposely and wilfully incited an insurrection on a democratic election, a full on insurrection. Not to mention its all factually documented, 100% documented all the way through with his name on it all.

What more do people want before serious punishment to deter others? Does he have to eat all of your first borns?

I’ll happily pull the lever myself if it makes everyone happier at night.

Comment

Roe v Wade officially overturned by the SCOTUS, as the conservative majority within it threatened to do.

Guns have more rights in the US than women do. Trump legacy solidified.

Truly dark times. Words fail me.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-06-2022, 14:49.

Comment

We are regressing as a people.
        I can't believe what they've done.

Comment

There was some issue with Roe v Wade being unconstitutional or something. I don't know the facts. It should be a federal law though.
          Individual states can still have their own abortion laws. Some do. But places like Arizona won't pass a law like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            There was some issue with Roe v Wade being unconstitutional or something. I don't know the facts.
            Not sure what you're talking about here, but there is nothing in the US constitution that says that abortion should be banned, and certainly nothing that states that men controlling women's bodies and their health (which is really what this comes down to) should be par for course in what is supposed to be a civilised western society.

Not trying to be rude, but you'll have to elaborate on what you mean by this because it sounds absolutely batsh1t.

Individual states can still have their own abortion laws. Some do. But places like Arizona won't pass a law like that.
            Yes, Democrat states will likely allow for abortions and Republican states won't. That doesn't make the overturning of Roe v Wade okay though. Not when, given the sheer size of the US, women would have to likely spend time and/or money to move to states if they wanted the necessary reproductive healthcare - something that many American women, especially those of colour, wouldn't be able to afford.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-06-2022, 15:48.

Comment

Absolutely, utterly sickening. My heart goes out to every sane American looking on at this in abject horror. What the ****.

Comment

Half the electorate supports the banning and more rights reversals that will follow this. Western standards aren't regressing, it was an illusion they were progressing in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Not sure what you're talking about here, but there is nothing in the US constitution that says that abortion should be banned, and certainly nothing that states that men controlling women's bodies and their health (which is really what this comes down to) should be par for course in what is supposed to be a civilised western society.

Not trying to be rude, but you'll have to elaborate on what you mean by this because it sounds absolutely batsh1t.

Yes, Democrat states will likely allow for abortions and Republican states won't. That doesn't make the overturning of Roe v Wade okay though. Not when, given the sheer size of the US, women would have to likely spend time and/or money to move to states if they wanted the necessary reproductive healthcare - something that many American women, especially those of colour, wouldn't be able to afford.
                  I'm not American nor do I understand the American law system. However, I would 100% guarantee it was overturned because of a legal hole that this fell into, and not 'Because judges just don't like it'.

Ive taken this from the news:

"We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled. The Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision," he wrote in the majority opinion, which was backed by Justices Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett.

"It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives," Alito wrote.

I don't agree with it at all. I'm simply saying the lawyers saw an problem with the ruling and over turned it.

Comment

Comment

I'm not American nor do I understand the American law system. However, I would 100% guarantee it was overturned because of a legal hole that this fell into, and not 'Because judges just don't like it'.
                      Right, by your own admission you don't understand what's going on, but you'll 100% guarantee you've got the right of it? I can't even laugh at this, it's just making me angry.

Comment

It got overturned because Republicans have been working for years to get the majority of the supreme court judges on Republican tickets, appointed especially because they would overturn key points of law such as Roe v Wade, delaying and delaying appointments when Democrat presidents were in power and pushing those appointments thru as quickly as possible when Republicans were in the WH - they've also been stuffing the lower courts with the same goals.

You're right it's not because judges don't like it - it's because Republicans don't like it and overturning it is massively appealing to their base voters.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 24-06-2022, 17:25.

Comment

Dude, the SCOTUS literally leans to the right by six Justices to three. The balance was literally made that way by Trump, a conservative Republican President who literally promised to appoint enough conservative justices to make it so precisely so that Roe v Wade would be under threat. He succeeded. This has literally been four years inthe making.

"Because Judges just don't like it' is LITERALLY why it has been overturned and what has driven it and that definitely can be guaranteed regardless of what you think or say.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-06-2022, 17:30.

Comment

It goes back way way way way way before Trump - it's been a Republican long game: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...back-democracy

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              Right, by your own admission you don't understand what's going on, but you'll 100% guarantee you've got the right of it? I can't even laugh at this, it's just making me angry.
                              Like I said before - his logic is utter batsh1t.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                I goes back way way way way way before Trump - it's been a Republican long game.
                                That went into overdrive in the last four years. Please enlighten me if you know of another POTUS who elected three Supreme Court Justices in one term. I'll happily stand corrected if so.
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 24-06-2022, 17:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X