No announcement yet.

America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not just the appointments, it's the delaying of appointments in other presidencies - that's why Trump got that opportunity, that and a bit of luck. It's also the reason why Stephen Breyer is stepping down before he goes the way of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, allowing Biden to appoint someone before Trump does so in 2024

The manipulation of the appointments has been going on for years prior, as outlined in the linked article.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Half the electorate supports the banning and more rights reversals that will follow this. Western standards aren't regressing, it was an illusion they were progressing in the first place
      Can’t argue with any of that.

Oh well here’s to going back to segregation I guess, next year maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Right, by your own admission you don't understand what's going on, but you'll 100% guarantee you've got the right of it? I can't even laugh at this, it's just making me angry.
        Yes. I'll 100% guarantee that a ****ing supreme court of the United States found a legal reason to get rid of the law. 1000%.
        They didn't wake up one morning and decide, **** it let's get rid of abortion with zero legal backing what so ever.
        Im 100% sure they'll have followed the law. Because, they are judges, and judges tend to fellow the rules of law. Whether that's right is another thing.

100%

Comment

Hopefully this'll be the wake up call that Democrats need to work towards packing the SCOTUS with more Justices and restoring the balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            Yes. I'll 100% guarantee that a ****ing supreme court of the United States found a legal reason to get rid of the law. 1000%.
            That's the mechanism used to remove it, not the reason for the removal.

These are not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              That's the mechanism used to remove it, not the reason for the removal.

These are not the same thing.
              Never said it was.

Comment

Okay good, so you agree then that the reason for its removal is a politically motivated action, not a legally motivated action, which was merely the mechanism used to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  Okay good, so you agree then that the reason for its removal is a politically motivated action, not a legally motivated action, which was merely the mechanism used to do so.
                  Yep.

And let me say, I know this subject is emotive, but turning on me won't help. All I said was that they used a problem with the law to get rid of it (not the motivation for getting rid of it) and I get told my logic is bull****.
                  I actually back abortion laws. Always have.

Comment

The Supreme Court shouldn't be appointed by the President, nor should it be allowed to majority favour any party nor any member of the Supreme Court remain in post indefinitely. America's dogged obsession with out dated and clearly irrelevant texts is an increasing source of national shame. If the court merely back and forths a party's agenda then it is a pointless function that renders the votes role of President null. America needs to wake up to which century it's in

Comment

If the judges were impartial as they're supposed to be, then it wouldn't be an issue - the architecture of the system isn't the problem as the three pillars are supposed to be independent institutions; legislative, executive, and judicial - separation of power is the whole schtick of the constitution. The appointment process was modeled on the UK system.

It's lost that separation through the ongoing manipulation over the years, that's the problem.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 24-06-2022, 19:42.

Comment

I made a meme
                        Last edited by charlesr; 25-06-2022, 19:40.

Comment

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calls for supreme court justices to be impeached | Roe v Wade | The Guardian
                          Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has called for two of the Supreme Court to be impeached over lying to congress regarding their views and positions of Roe vs Wade. She also referred to impeaching Clarence Thomas as well who remains involved in election related decisions despite his wife aiding the false election fraud

Comment

I'm sure the supreme Court shouldn't have the power to completely reverse laws at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              I'm sure the supreme Court shouldn't have the power to completely reverse laws at will.
                              They don't, at least, I don't think so. I think part of the problem is that Roe was a precedent, it was never codified into law. The democrats want to blame the republicans (and it's not like they're blameless!) But the Dems have had plenty of time over the decades to push for it.

Ultimately it's a symptom of how the US has two parties; a right and a centre-right that claims to be left.

Comment

Working...
                              X