America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    The thing to remember as well is that generally people are good. People want to help others and they definitely don't want to share a space with racists, bigots and assholes. There is a reason why Britain First doesn't have any MPs for example, because people don't want to vote for wankers.
    So if twitter just fills up with left field misanthropic **** ****ers, no one is going to use it anymore except for like minded **** ****ers.
    Yes. And the problem is that the gob****es are noisy. They get everywhere. The idea of a social media bubble is pretty much nonsense because the loud angry people always get through it. I want a social media bubble.

Comment

What Id love, is if Facebook collapses and Twitter goes with it. They both need to **** off. Social media is largely a scorn on humanity.

Comment

Elon Musk taking over Twitter is like when Mepian off VideoGameImports became a moderator.

Shout out to the two, maybe three, people who still remember that.

Comment

The VGI forum was great but I’ll be honest I can’t remember much about it now.

Comment

Forums back on top by 2025!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              There is a reason why Britain First doesn't have any MPs for example.
              Yes, the lack of a proportional representation voting system

Comment

I found a great alternative to twitter when I realised you just don’t need twitter anyway, or anything like it.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  Yes, the lack of a proportional representation voting system
                  Admittedly this is the one concern with Proportional Representation; that it will give fringe parties more of a presence in government. Then again, maybe we need it. I'm convinced a big part of why Brexit happened was because, like it or hate it, but a reasonable segment of the public wanted to vote for the UKIP, but they had no representation in government. Similar to how, presently, the number of people whote vote LibDem and Green isn't borne out by their position in government either.

Comment

Just stop using it then, if everyone pulls out of it and all social media is left with is a few half whit nazis ranting then it dies off, pretty simple.

Comment

I stopped using Twitter for my business when I realised what a cesspit of negativity it was, I think I last posted there in December 2019. I can’t imagine it’s gotten any better in the following years.

Comment

Never got on it to begin with, a whole site based around the comments section on Facebook felt like a waste of my time. They're each just regurgitations on the prior fad. Like most social media avenues, it has its uses but huge swathes of its content and content makers need to be de-emphasised or even deplatformed.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          I stopped using Twitter for my business when I realised what a cesspit of negativity it was, I think I last posted there in December 2019. I can’t imagine it’s gotten any better in the following years.
                          It is still a bit of a toilet but it improved massively when Trump was banned. Like literally overnight. It was a clear demonstration of the power of loudmouths on that platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            It is still a bit of a toilet but it improved massively when Trump was banned. Like literally overnight. It was a clear demonstration of the power of loudmouths on that platform.
                            Yeah; it was both Trump's banning and the opening of Parler, which were around the same time.

Gradually a lot of them quietly came back when they realised what a madhouse Parler was.

Comment

Whenever the nutters get their own platform, they always come back eventually because they really need someone to goad and annoy. The same isn't really true in reverse.

Comment

I'd only give Musk a break if he gave Hirst a Tesla in his hour of need.

So, I do like Twitter, it's a great way to connect with other like-minded people.
                                That's why I'm upset Musk has taken over. It's going back to the times when Trumpo was around.

I joined Mastodon yesterday, but it's like this:

I think the straw that broke the camel's back for me was seeing that Kyle Rittenhouse was trending and it described him as a "Political Figure", rather than "Murderer".

Comment

Working...
                                X